PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne visit first week of March

adam
09-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Hey Melburnians, I'm popping over for a week (March 1 - 8) just to have a bit if a break and catch up with my Melbourne friends (I lived there from '86 to '96).

Thought it would be great to catch up with any PBG Forum crew who are in town that week; maybe even at a favourite (central) music shop, so we can ogle some gear together and talk guitars.

If someone wants to suggest a venue, and it's agreed, I'll make contact with the owner/manager and see if we can set up a bit of a PBG gathering there... I can even provide some eats and drinks and maybe some giveaways too.

So, which store is Melbourne's favourite music shop hang out, that would be convenient for most people?

kells80aus
10-02-2015, 03:21 AM
Probably need to get an idea of who Lives where AJ and I live in Werribee, and Stan lives in Corio just a quick 30 Km's down the highway from US.
Werribee has Undergraound Music Emporium, run by Bill, who's last name I don't know.
Stan would have to give us an idea of what stores are in Geelong, as would the other guys around town.

Cheers PK

keloooe
11-02-2015, 12:51 PM
I live in the South Eastern area of Melbs (didn't you work in Rowville Ads?), if you want something near me, try Sky Music. In Prahran there's a good place you could try, its called Gallin's Music Pro Store.

Also I'm missing an E string on the Strat so if I bring it, don't expect solos haha

Brendan
11-02-2015, 06:57 PM
And Pest's back! Ads has nearly caught up on you in terms of posts Pest - need to get back on the forum!

bargeloobs
12-02-2015, 03:38 AM
Also I'm missing an E string on the Strat so if I bring it, don't expect solos haha

Many a solo been layed down minus the E string bro...

dingobass
12-02-2015, 06:45 AM
And if you Djent, you wont need the E string anyways..........

ScoopD
12-02-2015, 08:16 AM
Hey guys - Sky would be good for me too so I don't have to travel too far. Never been there, but been to the IKEA across the road many times.

stan
12-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Wash your mouth out PK, I live in Newtown, but still close.

Music Workshop is the closest to me , but considering centrality, somewhere closer to the Melbourne CBD would probably suit most...

If it aligns with my shifts, I'll certainly be there.

I don't know if they would be in it , but Scarlett Music in Footscray might be a good host. I dont know them, but have noted they are often open out of hours and have bought stuff there when I thought it might be closed. It sort of suggests that it is run by people interested in what they do vs a solely profit driven store...

Also have a pretty big selection of guitars and amps

keloooe
12-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Haha Scoop, seems we are pretty close!
Yeah Brendan, I need to be more active!!!

wokkaboy
12-02-2015, 12:32 PM
yeah come on Pest, there's still only one overlord of music, we need another overlord !

keloooe
12-02-2015, 01:02 PM
I'm an overlord no matter how many posts I am on :D

wokkaboy
12-02-2015, 01:04 PM
sorry cuz you are 403 posts short !

adam
15-02-2015, 04:03 PM
UPDATE: I have a friend I used to work with at Music Link setting something up, but I don't have any details yet. Will post a new thread when I have a definite venue, day and time.

Probably best to make it on a weeknight (do you have late night trading every night or just one or two nights?) or on a Saturday arvo.

Anyhoo, I'll confirm when I have the details.

stan
15-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Hey Adam, Friday is late trading, some places on a Thursday as well.
Most places are open all day Saturday also

adam
15-02-2015, 05:25 PM
Friday night would work well for me, Let's wait and see what venue our friend comes up with, hopefully its fairly central for everyone.

ScoopD
20-02-2015, 11:58 AM
You do know that the 3rd of March is the Fender Roadshow here in Melbourne? Completely booked out for those who have not registered unfortunately.

keloooe
20-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Unfortunately due to my dad suffering a pretty hefty shoulder injury that requires surgery on Wednesday and has 6 weeks of recovery, I won't be able to attend any meetups during the weekend as my mum will be heading off to see my uncle that weekend as it is her birthday. I still wish I could go, but I'll have to do all the driving for dad for a while I think....

adam
21-02-2015, 04:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your Dad, keloooe. So, if we were to meet up at GH MUsic in Flemington on Thursday (March 5th) night (say around 7pm), you couldn't make it?

stan
22-02-2015, 05:04 AM
Keloooe, hope your dad is better soon mate.

Damn Ads, working that night.... Have the Wednesday off...

keloooe
22-02-2015, 05:47 PM
Nah Ads, he has 6 weeks of solid recovery at home, meaning I'm needed....