PDA

View Full Version : The Swamp Thing Guitar

kimball492
30-01-2015, 12:13 AM
Saw this guitar with metal body loved the idea of it some nice little touches like volume control built into the bridge

It’s a Little Rude, it’s a Little Crude and its built for Blues!

Kinda feels like it was dragged out of the Swamp! I like guitars of old, so I picked a simple design that could take on a life of its own, and man did it do that

Built in acoustic style, but with a slim body like an electric, its easy to play. the rusted metal body is neutralised and clear coated so rust dont come off on ya. That Nickel surrounded sound hole is the perfect place to slip a very cool pickup like the Quarter Pound Jaguar.

When you first take a look at it you might not see any way to control this Swamp Thang, but look closely at the bridge and you can just spot the volume knob, right there by the high E string.

Guitars like this should be dealt too, not just played, so I loaded it with heavy 12 Gauge strings. Pick up a slide and man you should hear it Wail!

Thanks for "sinkin into the swamp" with Bad Seed and sharing.
Click here for custom enquiries

Specs
Full Aircraft Grade Steel with Rusted body and Nickel Sound hole
Maple Neck-Thru Construction
Ebony Fingerboard
25" Scale
12” Radius
22 Jumbo Frets
Mother of Pearl Dot Inlays
43mm Graphite Nut
Thin Neck Contour
Hardware
Nickel Hardware
Waverly Vintage "Aged" Tuners
Schaller Straplocks
Tonepros Locking TOM Bridge
Trapeze Tailpiece
Seymour Duncan Jaguar Pickup
Hidden Volume Control (On Bridge Post)
Heavy 12 Gauge Strings
Finishes
Clear Paint over Rusted Steel Body.
Nickel Plated Custom Soundhole and Features
Medium Dark Stained & Nitro-Cellulose Coated Neck

Fretworn
30-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Dang! You'd just have to put heavy strings on it, tune it open and play some wicked slide blues licks on it!

kimball492
30-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Hey Fretworn , yeah the metal body Acoustic/Electric guitar appealed to me . Like a modern Dobro

stan
31-01-2015, 05:27 AM
very cool indeed, that metal body would give it that typical Louisiana sound. Like you said too, built for slide, nice