PDA

View Full Version : Radioactive Wolves of Chernobyl.

Rob L
21-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Radioactive Wolves of Chernobyl is what I'm now calling my "band". I don't gig anymore just the occasional solo thing.
Concentrating more on recording now.
These are a few of my originals from over the years incuding some demos from a band a few years ago.
Hope you all like it. :)

http://www.reverbnation.com/RobL

PS: The "band" consists of me on vocals, guitars, bass, keys.
Everything else I arrange and is done digitally.

wokkaboy
21-01-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm listening to the first track Rob 'Lazy' sounds excellent, nice mix and a cool track. I'll listen to the rest
What axe are you playing for this recording ?

stan
21-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Not sure you are allowed on the forum any more Rob, you have far too much talent

andrewdosborne
21-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Rob, great sounds and vibe. I enjoyed listening to these tracks.

Rob L
22-01-2015, 04:29 AM
I'm listening to the first track Rob 'Lazy' sounds excellent, nice mix and a cool track. I'll listen to the rest
What axe are you playing for this recording ?

Thanks Wokka!
I was playing my rebuild Squire Tele on Lazy. Hot rail in the bridge and Texas special 57 in the neck through a zoom processor and Behringer amp modeler and a cry baby wah.

I used 3 guitars total. My Tele, My Gretsch and an Epiphone Wildkat.

Rob L
22-01-2015, 04:30 AM
Not sure you are allowed on the forum any more Rob, you have far too much talent

But, but...can I please stay. :D

Rob L
22-01-2015, 04:31 AM
Rob, great sounds and vibe. I enjoyed listening to these tracks.

Thank you so much Andrew!
I'm currently setting up a little studio in my room so I can start recording again.

Rob L
22-01-2015, 04:37 AM
And really guys I don't have as much talent as you might think. I can't shred at all. When I do solo it's in what I call a box formation solo. Very tight and grouped.
I don't know half the chords I'm playing and I sing my melody lines on the fly. Same thing with horns etc. I can't write it so I hum each part first and record it then find the horn sound I like.

I'm come up with a style that suits me and enables me to play and sing at the same time. As a result I can play a song in one phrasing and sing in a different one.

It tales me an average of a month have a finished recorded song.

bargeloobs
22-01-2015, 04:37 AM
I had a listen to a couple of tracks last night (Lazy, Don't Call Me). I was really impressed man, great chops, great voice and the production was really tight. I really loved the ska influences.
Good stuff!!

Rob L
22-01-2015, 04:47 AM
I had a listen to a couple of tracks last night (Lazy, Don't Call Me). I was really impressed man, great chops, great voice and the production was really tight. I really loved the ska influences.
Good stuff!!

Thank you Barge!!! You might also like the song, I just Won't Have It. :D

Writing is my passion. I loved playing on stage but it always felt empty to me. Been playing in and out of bands since I was 13 (I'm 52 now) and only about 10 years ago did I discover I could write.
In fact writing means so much to me to I turned down a record contract because I would have lost all rights to my music past, present and while I was with the label. I wasn't about to do that.

bargeloobs
22-01-2015, 05:11 AM
Yeah I'll definitely go and check that out man. Great to see a musician with integrity in an industry that's saturated with cookie cutter artists lining up to be being raped and sodomized by the major labels.
Unfortunately in this day and age talent's not a prerequisite, just money.

bargeloobs
22-01-2015, 05:21 AM
"Comes a Time" is a bit more up my alley, really diggin' that one:-)

Rob L
22-01-2015, 05:22 AM
I couldn't agree with you more Barge!!! I'm not gonna lie. I would love to hear my songs on the radio or by someone else doing them but I'm not about to allow myself to be raped just to achieve that goal.
I plan on rerecording some of the ole stuff as well as new stuff and deno it out as a songwriter instead of a band. Who knows I might get lucky.

Sadly as you point ut, talent has little to do with it now. It's all whether a company can make money off you.

bargeloobs
22-01-2015, 05:29 AM
If you ever wanna do a vocal collab give me a holla Rob. I've got a rock track that's been sitting on the shelf for ages just waiting for the right singer to come along.

pablopepper
22-01-2015, 06:13 AM
Great stuff Rob. Digging it.

Fretworn
22-01-2015, 09:17 AM
PS: The "band" consists of me on vocals, guitars, bass, keys.
Everything else I arrange and is done digitally.

It sounds like you've got my band. I wondered where they had gone too. I was thinking of saying that my drums and programming were by Gary Ageband. But I've never had the chance to actually use that before now.

Fretworn
22-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Great songs by the way Rob.

bargeloobs
22-01-2015, 09:42 AM
It sounds like you've got my band. I wondered where they had gone too. I was thinking of saying that my drums and programming were by Gary Ageband. But I've never had the chance to actually use that before now.

Gary Ageband ft Sam Pills

Rob L
22-01-2015, 10:57 AM
If you ever wanna do a vocal collab give me a holla Rob. I've got a rock track that's been sitting on the shelf for ages just waiting for the right singer to come along.

Oh hell yeah Barge!!! I wrote Comes a Time back in my hardcore punk days. I still have dozens of "pink" lyrics lying around. :D

It would be a kick to collab on something!!!!

Rob L
22-01-2015, 10:58 AM
Thank you Pablo!!!

Rob L
22-01-2015, 11:00 AM

Brother I got so tired of dealing egos and no it alls that I retired from the stage and decided to do it all myself. My girlfriend will be singing backups and some leads on my new stuff but all thr stuff will be played by me...oh and Gary Ageband...hehehe ;) I dig that!!

Rob L
22-01-2015, 11:02 AM
And thanks Fretworn.
My music is so varied. I can't limit myself to one genre. I'm writing a cabaret type song now.

All you kind words mean so much to me. You'll never know how much. Maybe one day I'll tell my back story...maybe. :D

bargeloobs
22-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Oh hell yeah Barge!!! I wrote Comes a Time back in my hardcore punk days. I still have dozens of "pink" lyrics lying around. :D

It would be a kick to collab on something!!!!

Cool man, see what you think about this one Rob, disregard the track name, it's just for housekeeping purposes.

https://soundcloud.com/sodacupkiller/soulcrush/s-93Kv7

Rob L
22-01-2015, 11:20 AM
Cool man, see what you think about this one Rob, disregard the track name, it's just for housekeeping purposes.

https://soundcloud.com/sodacupkiller/soulcrush/s-93Kv7

Ummm....yeah I'm digging that for sure! I saved the link so I can listen to it over and over again. I already started hearing a melody line in my head as it was playing. Yeah we can rock this brother!!

I'd like to talk to you in private as well if that's okay Barge?

bargeloobs
22-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Have you got a Souncloud account Rob? You can PM me there if you wanna chat.
Alternatively I just opened up one of these accounts...https://www.facebook.com/nigpaws
Also I've made that file a download if you want to grab a copy, sorry man it's only an mp3. Since we moved house our internet's back in the stone ages (makes uploading .wav files a real chore).
Cheers man!

Rob L
22-01-2015, 11:33 AM
I have a soundcloud account and I'll send a friend request tomorrow (my tomorrow..hehehe) to your FB page.
I'm actually heading to bed soon as I finish setting up my acoustic.

Look forward to talking to you bro!!!

https://soundcloud.com/guitarslinger62

bargeloobs
22-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Sweet as, don't worry I used to collab with a dude in the States and yes, the time difference can be a pain in the ass!
Talk to ya later man!

wokkaboy
22-01-2015, 11:48 AM
cool track Barge, you have some good ideas there. Hope you guys can do a forum collab !

Rob L
22-01-2015, 12:01 PM
cool track Barge, you have some good ideas there. Hope you guys can do a forum collab !

I'm already got a basic melody line running through my head. :D

Once we have a finished and copyrighted version pit bull will be the first to hear!!!

This is cool. Last thing I ever thought upon joining was collaborating with someone!!!

bargeloobs
22-01-2015, 12:13 PM
Can't wait man. It's such a hindrance to my songwriting, not being able to sing so it's always really exciting to work with someone who can:-)

Rob L
22-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Can't wait man. It's such a hindrance to my songwriting, not being able to sing so it's always really exciting to work with someone who can:-)

I've been in a musically rut since my last band. It was so bad I sold everything but my tele. I was disgusted with the scenes, the people and the bs.
It's been gentle pushing from my goth girlfriend and friends like Andy from Bellamorte that made me realize I can't give up music.

Helping you barge will kick start my creative juices. It's a win - win my friend. That you so very much for the offer. *hugs*

Rob L
22-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Sweet as, don't worry I used to collab with a dude in the States and yes, the time difference can be a pain in the ass!
Talk to ya later man!

Distant is nothing. I've collaborated with fronds in the UK.

Rob L
22-01-2015, 12:39 PM
We'll talk soon Barge for sure. This is gonna kick some ass for sure.!!!

bargeloobs
22-01-2015, 01:13 PM
We'll talk soon Barge for sure. This is gonna kick some ass for sure.!!!
Awesome Rob;-)

stan
22-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Rob and Bargy, you both do great stuff, a collaboration would be really cool.
Hey Bargey, have you done another CD since Gig on Saturn?

bargeloobs
22-01-2015, 03:37 PM
Rob and Bargy, you both do great stuff, a collaboration would be really cool.
Hey Bargey, have you done another CD since Gig on Saturn?

In short Stan...nope. I've got enough material written for another 2 albums but my boy who was doing most of my vocals has moved backed to NZ so I'm kinda at a stand still. I'm currently writing a grunge album at the moment and am doing all the vocals because that's all I can pull off, screaming.

https://soundcloud.com/sodacupkiller/sets/in-shallow-haze

stan
22-01-2015, 03:43 PM
they sound great. You have just the sound for Grunge, that would be cool

Rob L
22-01-2015, 06:32 PM
In short Stan...nope. I've got enough material written for another 2 albums but my boy who was doing most of my vocals has moved backed to NZ so I'm kinda at a stand still. I'm currently writing a grunge album at the moment and am doing all the vocals because that's all I can pull off, screaming.

https://soundcloud.com/sodacupkiller/sets/in-shallow-haze

Well you might be getting some help from me Barge. :D

bargeloobs
22-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Well you might be getting some help from me Barge. :D

That would be fricken awesome man:-)

Rob L
22-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Oh I see how you are. Throw me a bone one tham slam me with the the whole ham!!! HAHHAHAH

You're not bombarding me so no worries. Now do you already full lyrics/partial lyrics? no lyrics?

I don't want to sound cocky but many people have sent me lyrics with their songs and honestly they just did not work well. I'd have to tweak them or outright rewrite to make them fit.
A famous example was a my bass player from a 90's band called Punchinello. He'd hate me a sheet of words and say..hey I worte song!!!I mean a full sheet. No breaks, no chorus. In fact no rhyme scheme whatsoever. O_O

BUT!!! Even if I had to rewrite the song that person got writing credits too. So If that's cool with you. I'm all in!!!

bargeloobs
22-01-2015, 06:56 PM
I deleted that link man. One track at a time bro, sorry man I shouldn't have even posted it.
To answer your question, I'm about a good a lyric writer as I am a vocalist so you won't have to worry about input on that front.
Just have at it, if you need to chop it up that's cool too (120 bpm). I'm not one of those guys who gets defensive about his music, I just want what's best for the track.

Rob L
22-01-2015, 06:57 PM
I send you a friend request Barge. It'll show up as Rob Tools Lescalleet.

Rob L
22-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Barge it's up to you but you weren't overloading me. Sometimes I have 4 or 5 riffs I'm working on at once.

I just want to make I'm being fair. For example....you wrote the riff, I wrote the lyrics and added to the riff......as it stands that would be...words and music Barge and Rob..or whatever.
That's how I roll and that's how it will look on the copyright. Cause the way I feel, your riff inspires lyrics so it's a duel effort!!!

Rob L
22-01-2015, 07:22 PM
BArge I had save both links so I'm still getting both songs. Which one would you like to start on? Soul Crush?

bargeloobs
22-01-2015, 07:37 PM
BArge I had save both links so I'm still getting both songs. Which one would you like to start on? Soul Crush?

We'll stick to the original track and go from there eh Rob?

Rob L
23-01-2015, 01:35 AM
Works for me brother!!!!