PDA

View Full Version : LPA-1 Sound Demo

gavinturner
20-01-2015, 01:05 PM
hi guys,

Here is a demo of the Entwistle HDN pickups in the LPA-1. I've got the volume and tone all the way up and I'm playing the bridge pickup only. I'll do a clean demo with both pickups and all the tonal variations very soon in case anyone is interested in the difference between humbucker, single tapped coils etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGm11jsqdd8

My playing sucks as usual, and I'm standing too close to the amp so it's feeding back to the max. \m/ But hey, you knew it would suck before you clicked on the thread! :cool:

cheers,
Gav.

wokkaboy
20-01-2015, 01:46 PM
rocking out nicely Gav, sounds great bro. Nice T-shirt too !

andrewdosborne
20-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Gav, great demo sounds great. Nothing wrong with your playing!

Scott J.
20-01-2015, 02:05 PM
Great stuff Gav, :cool: \m/ ... really raunchy sound ... and what's rock 'n' roll without some feedback!

gavinturner
20-01-2015, 03:56 PM
@Wokka, @andrew & @Scott - cheers guys!

DrNomis_44
20-01-2015, 04:46 PM
Just checked out the demo video, sounds great and nothing wrong with your playing mate, it's all about the attitude...cheers.

maxaxe
20-01-2015, 05:18 PM
Gav, great demo sounds great. Nothing wrong with your playing!
Gotta agree with Scott and the axes look brilliant too.

pablopepper
20-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Another killer guitar dude. Your gonna have to show us what's on your pedalboard, looks like a tasty selection.

I also spy a very cool mame cabinet in the background, did you build it? A lot nicer than mine.

andrewdosborne
20-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Another killer guitar dude. Your gonna have to show us what's on your pedalboard, looks like a tasty selection.

I also spy a very cool mame cabinet in the background, did you build it? A lot nicer than mine.

Well spotted mame cabinet! What are you currently playing on it? I've recently got back into Williams Defender (again...) but this time not wasting all my college dinner money playing it like I did back in 1980..

gavinturner
20-01-2015, 06:49 PM
Well spotted guys :). Yeah I made the MAME cabinet about 10 years ago. It gets a look in now and again when my son and I get a hankering for old-school gaming. I never could get the hang of Defender though ;). I do love me a bit of Gyruss and Galaga!

Yours looks pretty awesome Pabs!

The pedal board is a very recent addition. I splurged on 5 new Joyo pedals at christmas time, including a tuner, overdrive, distortion delay and chorus. There's also a BOSS SD-1 overdrive on there that I've had for 30 years (the only name brand pedal I own). I dont even know what most of them sound like yet :) .

cheers,
Gav.

pablopepper
20-01-2015, 06:51 PM
I dig vertical shooters. Raiden, 1942, Xenon etc. Strider and Metal Slug series are also faves. My son is a pacman fiend.

gavinturner
20-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Oh yes Metal Slug! My son and I love that series too. All your cabinet is missing Pabs is a trackball for missile command and centipede! I do like Missile Command from time to time, but I find it frustratingly difficult.

cheers,
Gav.

bargeloobs
20-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Great job Gav, very RAWK!! You played the shit out of that one man, good song choice too:-)

stan
21-01-2015, 06:50 PM
nice vid Gav, you must be a bit like me: All the gear, no idea...

seriously mate that was very cool and nice playing. Those pickups sound great, loving your LP mate, good job

gavinturner
21-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Thanks @Bargey. Lucky for me all us forumites are too polite to call it what it is. But I appreciate the sentiment all the same :).

nice vid Gav, you must be a bit like me: All the gear, no idea...

Stan, you got it man. I love everything to do with the guitar, but unfortunately my playing sucks the big one. Oh well, if you can't play 'em - build 'em. That's what I say!

cheers,
Gav.

bargeloobs
22-01-2015, 04:43 AM
Thanks @Bargey. Lucky for me all us forumites are too polite to call it what it is. But I appreciate the sentiment all the same :).

You're too hard on yourself Gav, if I thought it sucked I wouldn't have commented. Take the compliment bro.

Fretworn
22-01-2015, 09:14 AM
In the end Gav, all the great musicians are those who know how to make to most of their limitations. Sure I'd like to be able to play super-fast and clean, but physically I can't no matter how much I practice. It hasn't stopped me playing in public for almost 30 years now. Cause I know what I can do, which is usually just milk a note for all it's worth.

stan
22-01-2015, 03:33 PM
No way , Bargey said it right, if it sucks then be polite enough not to comment.
It had rhythm, was in time and rocked
More importantly than what we think, it looked like you had fun, and that is what it's all about.

I attended a practice jam with friends of a friend who are all session or pro musos: very intimidating. But I kept up, didnt try to over do it and had a ball, they were all very encouraging to the last man. Just enjoy man

ihasmario
22-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Can we hear some clean tones Gav?

vh2580
22-01-2015, 06:41 PM
Awesome tone Gav and who doesnt love a bit of Danzig.
Nothing wrong with the playing mate

gavinturner
01-02-2015, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys. Sounds like I need to stop worrying and start rocking ;). I'll try to get a clean demo done when I'm back from OS.

cheers,
Gav.