PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Townsville

trevor
15-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Older couple, ex musicans, building a Les Paul for hobbie...

Looking forward to receiving our kit when they arrive in Australia (Sometime in Feb 2015)

Trevor & Carol

bargeloobs
15-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Glad to have you along guys, hope the Les Paul gets here sooner rather than later for ya.

Scott J.
15-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Hi Folks, and welcome to "Guitar Builders Anonymous" ... you're sure to enjoy the build and anything and everything you'll need to know about building your axe is either in the threads of this forum (or in the heads of its members! :D), so if you cant find what you need, just ask.

... and be warned, building a guitar is like eating a chocolate - its very hard stop at just one! :D

wokkaboy
15-01-2015, 08:43 PM
welcome Trevor and Carol,
its a fantastic hobby building guitars, best of luck with the LP, assume its a LP-1 ? Have you thought about what stains you may use and possibly a burst ?
There's a truckload of knowledge and help on the forum so when the kit arrives start a build diary and ask as many questions as you like.
First thing to do is pull all the parts out and do a mock build to make sure all the parts are there and check the fit of the neck in the neck pocket.
Have a think about what colours you may be thinking about.
Also good to have builders in Townsville. I have a good mate who lives there who plays bass but I haven't convinced him yet to build a kit !

Brendan
15-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Welcome along - I think it'd be interesting to plot on a map where people have bought kits from - it looks like Qld is a popular destination - especially northern Qld!

Welcome along - hope you really enjoy the build!

Fretworn
16-01-2015, 09:06 AM
Welcome guys. Hope you enjoy the ride.