PDA

View Full Version : Epiphone AJ18S smashed headstock

kells80aus
10-01-2015, 03:33 PM
Just thought I should post this per sey, that some one else in this group is bidding on the busted epiphone acoustic(AJ18SCE) on ebay.

This guitar has a very nasty break to the headstock and will be a challenge to repair.

In any case if you are bidding, your bidding against me. :) you'll need deeper pockets than mine. LOL

Cheers PK

stan
11-01-2015, 06:14 AM
get it PK, then you can join the Epi broken headstock club! We have an annex off the naughty room...

kells80aus
11-01-2015, 08:18 AM
I'll be in that Stan.

For anyone that's interested there is a damaged 12 String acoustic at Troy music's ebay listing.
I'd go for it myself but have enough trouble with six strings let alone 12. I should have stuck with four... :P

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251781640555?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 it has a lifting top deck across the tail block. if the spars aren't snapped it would be an easy fix.

PK

dingobass
11-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Oh, your avatar looks like an Eastern King Parrot ?

Only saying that because I have one as a pet, as well as an Apricot Galah, Eclectus Parrot, 10 Cockatiels, a pair of Princess Parrots Three Gouldian Finches, One Painted Firetail Finch, a pair of Diamond Doves, Five African Peach faced Lovebirds and a Psychotic Budgie.....

Yep, I may have a bit of an avian collecting habit / problem :)

kells80aus
12-01-2015, 03:46 AM
Yeah Db it's a pretty red bird. There were two, hanging around a Cock and Hen

We identified it out of a book by Margaret Lacey called Birds of Aireys Inlet on the Great Ocean Road.

we were actually staying in the same house that Margaret Lacey stayed in.

PK

dingobass
12-01-2015, 07:21 AM
The pair shown are Eastern Kings, the male having a red head.
The other is Crimson Rosella. It is very difficult to tell the males apart from the females at a distance, beak colour is the only real difference :)

dingobass
12-01-2015, 07:23 AM
They are very beautiful birds.
Where i grew up in the Southern Highlands of NSW they were both very common visitors in our garden :)