PDA

View Full Version : Headless Guitars/Basses.

DrNomis_44
07-01-2015, 03:39 AM
Just wondering how feasible a good quality Headless Guitar/Bass kit would be?

WeirdBits
07-01-2015, 08:49 AM
Looks like the SH-1 (http://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/pit-bull-guitars-sh-1-electric-guitar-kit/) and KH-1 (http://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/guitars/pit-bull-guitars-kh-1-electric-guitar-kit/) kits are still in stock, haven't seen many built though. Are you looking for something more specific/higher-end? You could always email Adam about a custom order.

DrNomis_44
07-01-2015, 07:28 PM
To be honest, I didn't even realise that there were Headless Guitar kits in stock at Pitbull Guitars, I should have had a good look through all the available kits, at least I know now, thanks for bringing the SH-1 and KH-1 kits to my attention, might look at buying one of each this year.

vh2580
07-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Hi DrNomis
Welcome
Attached a photo from one of the builders Micah but couldnt locate the build diary as an example of a headless. As weirdbits said we dont see to many being built.

DrNomis_44
07-01-2015, 11:40 PM
Looks like Micah did a pretty good job on that guitar, I had a look at the SH-1 kit and decided that I'm going to buy one next fortnight, so that's going to be my first build project, I'm buying it as a replacement for the headless guitar kit I bought from an online company based in Ireland, I managed to get the neck finished, but got put off from finishing the body due to some routing issues, the bridge pickup routing was off centre by about 2-3mm,, also the trench rout underneath the bridge was routed too wide which caused one of the mounting screws to be lose.

I'm thinking of keeping the body finish simple as I'm a newbie at guitar building, was thinking of painting the body white or metallic blue.

michael
09-01-2015, 10:21 PM
While my build queue has the RC-4 next, I've always wanted (another) headless bass. I had one as a teenager in the 1980s, a Steinberger knock-off, and honestly don't remember what I did with it.