PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Adelaide

TC1600
04-01-2015, 02:31 PM
Hello all,

My name is Ian and I live in the Adelaide suburbs, and I have just bought my first Pit Bull kit (a TLA-1) and if it goes well I'm sure it won't be my last. The plan is to make a '54 Tele copy, with a couple of modernisations such as a 6 saddle bridge, I will leave the electronics stock for the moment but I will upgrade the pickups later, probably to Seymour Duncan Vintage but I'm open to suggestions.

It is my first guitar build, but I have previously built an Ampmaker N5X tube amp kit (which sounds amazing, I would recommend them for anyone looking at building their own amp), and a sim seat for my online racing. I can post some pics later if anyone is interested :cool:

I've enjoyed browsing the forum, it has been a wealth of ideas and tips so far, and I'm sure I will pick some brains further as I go. I will definitely start a build diary thread once the kit arrives, hopefully in the next few days :)

Cheers for now!

WeirdBits
04-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Welcome Ian, good luck with the build.

Scott J.
04-01-2015, 03:02 PM
G'day Ian and welcome to the PBG "rogues gallery" ... if you end up enjoying your guitar building experience even half as much as most of us have (and its damn difficult not to enjoy it!), it'll never end at just one build! (eh, Wokka? :D)

Very nice choice for your first kit - the TLA is a great axe with a truly classic heritage, easy to build and there's plenty around here (in the forum) who'll be more than willing to "nab" it when you're not looking (beware of the Tele-napper! :D).

Also, very keen to some pics of your kit Tube Amp ... post them up in the "Non-Pit Bull Gear" thread and I'm sure you'll get plenty of "oohs" and "ahhs" from the rest of the gang here.

TC1600
04-01-2015, 03:51 PM
Cheers guys, I'll post some pics of the amp later tonight (and I might sneak a pic of the seat setup in :D)

stan
04-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Welcome Ian, I would also love to see the amp

Nickosaurus
04-01-2015, 04:40 PM
What racing sim do you play mate? I've raced in a few leagues on Forza 4 but I can't afford to upgrade to Xbox One

Welcome

TC1600
04-01-2015, 05:20 PM
We used to run GT5 and Forza 4, but then a friend put us onto iRacing and we haven't looked back :) It takes some time and commitment to get halfway good at it, but it is far more rewarding.

Brendan
04-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Ian - welcome along - the amp looks cool. Hopefully things near you aren't too hot at the moment - hearing about a few fires Lobethal way & hope they're not too close!

Best of luck with the TL kit!

Fretworn
05-01-2015, 09:22 AM
Welcome Ian

wokkaboy
05-01-2015, 10:10 AM
welcome Ian, nice kit to start with an ash TL kit, I just finished building one (entered January GOTM)
Like your plans so keen to see the builld in the build diary
Also interested to see the amp you built, pretty keen to hear how much it cost and pics of the amp !
Best of luck with your build. More hot weather will be in Adelaide next couple of days, its almost 40 degrees in Perth already today !

TC1600
05-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Hi guys, pretty warm here for the next few days, thankfully we aren't near the fires but I'm keeping an eye on its movements as I have a few friends in the hills.

That is one nice tele Wokka, part of the reason I went with the ash is the nice grain for a natural finish, if mine comes out anywhere near that good I will be thrilled!

wokkaboy
05-01-2015, 02:25 PM
nice one Ian, yes can't go past the ash kits on offer, every one I've built I've been happy how they have turned out

DrNomis_44
09-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Hi Ian,

I joined this forum last year in December, just want to say welcome to the forum.