PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Dekka28
02-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Hi everyone,

I have recently joined this phenomenal forum. I have been looking to build my own guitar for years and specifically some hollow body basses. Mircale of miracle I stumble upon this great place.

I have avidly read a lot of diaries and tutorials... I have to say the level of skills and dedication is inspiring.

I am looking at building one of the hollow body bass and I wanted to ask what the difference was between the ESB-4 Electric Bass Guitar Kit and the Guitars ESB-4SC. Is it only the single cut aspect of it or is there something beyond that?

Also will you deliver to the UK?

Thank you very much again

Scott J.
02-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Hi Dekka, welcome to "the gang" ... if you've ever wanted to build your own guitar you've certainly come to the right place! You'll find PBG not only has the biggest range of kits available in one place but also the best customer service around - both of which are what keep us all coming back for more :)

Check the detailed specs of each model, but I think you'll find the primary differences are ... the ESB-4 is a double cutaway with a Tune-o-matic bridge ... and the ESB-4SC is single cutaway with a floating bridge.

Anyway enjoy your build and don't forget to start a Build Diary thread and take lots of pics ... all the info you'll need to build the guitar of your dreams you'll find in the numerous threads throughout the forum and any problems you encounter just post in your diary and you're bound to get any number of quick and useful replies.

Dekka28
02-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Thank you very much Scott for the quick reply. I hope to order my kit soon and i will make sure to update everyone who is interested.

Brendan
02-01-2015, 09:29 PM
Also will you deliver to the UK?

Dekka,
From memory, PitBull do deliver to the UK - we've had someone from Belgium win the Guitar of the Month competition, so I can't see why the UK would be any different to post to... That said, I'll flick Adam an email and he should be along in the next day or so to confirm. Look forward to seeing you on the forum!

Fretworn
03-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Welcome Dekka. I think you will find the ESB-4 is a semi hollow - like a Gibson ES335 guitar. but the ESB-4SC is a true hollow body.

stan
03-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Welcome Dekka!!

wokkaboy
03-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Welcome Dekka, sounds like a nice build you have in mind, I'm sure the PBG team should be able to post one to UK.
While you wait for the kit to arrive you can plan your build. Best of luck !

Rob L
04-01-2015, 06:20 AM
Hi and welcome Dekka!

Dekka28
29-08-2015, 10:29 PM
Wow, finally took the plunge and ordered the kit today! Expecting it to arrive in a week or so. i am very, very excited.

I have a question for the experts on this forum. What are the pick ups like on this guitar? I was thinking of customizing it installing vintage Gretsch pick ups but before I do that I was wondering if nay of you had the chance to test them.

gavinturner
30-08-2015, 09:49 AM
Dekka, which model did you end up choosing? I have built the ESB-4 before and although I'm not a bass player, they sounds great to me. Unfortunately I can't be more specific. They are humbucker sized if that helps.

cheers,
Gav.

Dekka28
01-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Hi Gavin,

I have had my eyes on the ESB-4SC for a while and a sale came on. Done. It's being delivered this week.

I can't wait. I did check your thread about your ESB-4 built and I have to say it was very educative.

Be prepared for a flurry of questions soon

:)

Dekka28
02-09-2015, 05:51 AM
Package is in transit!

Should hit England very soon! 8-Ball is about to be born. I will create a thread for the build as soon as I receive the kit. I am very f*****g excited. and scared!!!! First build and I chose an hollow body!!! From my reading this great forum, I might not have chosen the easiest task. Any advice fellas?

andrewdosborne
02-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Nice one Dekka. If this kit is anything like the quality of my ES-1G you will be a very happy camper. Wiring is a bit tricky but nothing that cannot be done with some time and patience.. here is my diarised effort at this. Remember there is heaps of knowledge you can tap in this forum.

http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=3555&page=5

Dekka28
02-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Thanks Andrew. I think I will start my diary very soon and start sharing my plans. This is a big, big leap. I had checked your diary and I have to say you produced one hell of a guitar. If I can get mine to look half as good as that I will be happy.

wokkaboy
02-09-2015, 04:09 PM
Hi Dekka,
you will be fine just take you time and ask any questions and I'm sure you will build an awesome ESB-4 bass.
There is plenty of help here and everyone is happy to help you

Dekka28
02-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Thanks Wokka. I have to say I have been reading threads on this forum since February and it has been truly inspiring.

Trust me as soon as I start my build diary, questions are going to fly...