PDA

View Full Version : New member g'day all.

Blowen
02-01-2015, 07:12 AM
Came across this site looking at blackheart sassafras solid body guitars. Have always wanted to do a diy SG based sassy. Tasmanian lad for a long time now living the queensland dream. Looking forward to looking at other builds, tips and advice for a first timer.
Cheers all.

wokkaboy
02-01-2015, 09:25 AM
welcome Blowen,
I'm currently building a scratch blackheart sassafras tele, see my avatar pic. Also got a heap of veneers for headstocks, the grain is off the chain !

Blowen
02-01-2015, 11:21 AM
welcome Blowen,
I'm currently building a scratch blackheart sassafras tele, see my avatar pic. Also got a heap of veneers for headstocks, the grain is off the chain !

Yes yours was the build I came across very nice many years ago I had a Yamaha pacific tele that played awesome wish I still it. Cheers

Fretworn
03-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Welcome Blowen!

stan
03-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Welcome to the team Blowen!

wokkaboy
03-01-2015, 03:12 PM
well you will have to build a tele then Blowen and see if you can source some nice timber

Blowen
03-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the welcome much appreciated. Have been pouring over the site today and keep going back to the kit page, must have caught a nasty disease or maybee just been lying dormant waiting to come out. I LIKE ALL OF THEM, hey what's not to like. Wokka the tele option is probably good, I have a pattern and a neck for an SG, my brother traced it for me to many years ago. Tis was traced of his I think 1970 SG standard? This would go well on the what bargains have you got thread. He went to a garage sale up the boonies seen a Gibson guitar case and asked price, $40 was the answer. He thought it was a bit steep so had a closer look. Can you guess what was inside. So SG will have to my first scratch build sassafras of course so I think the tele option it will be. Might be a month or so as it is only a few days past silly season so funds not flowing that flash, hope I beat price rise.

Cheers

Brendan
03-01-2015, 07:59 PM
Blowen - welcome along - couple of banana benders on the site, though most are a bit north of where you are... Best of luck with the build - when it comes!

Rob L
04-01-2015, 06:20 AM
Welcome Blowen!