PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Member

DrNomis_44
30-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just came across the Pittbull Guitars website while surfing the net for websites that sell guitar kits in Australia, anyway, I noticed that there was a forum so I decided to join it, my name is Simon, I'm an aspiring musician based in Darwin NT Australia, I have about 5 factory-made Electric Guitars and two factory made Bass, been into building my own guitar fx pedals and amps, last year I decided to get into DIY Guitar building as well since I do my own setups and repairs, last year I bought a Headless Electric Guitar kit from an online company based in Ireland, I got as far as sealing and clear-lacquering the back of the neck of the Headless Guitar when I needed to replace the supplied bridge, found out that a replacement was going to cost me something like $250.00, about the same cost as the kit, there's also some routing issues on the body which has prevented me from making any more progress on assembling the guitar, while browsing through all the kits Pitbull Guitars have to offer, I saw that there was a kit for a Jem, I'm interested in buying one but they're out of stock, will keep my eyes open'.

adam
31-12-2014, 05:04 AM
Welcome DrNomis_44, yes, we are out of stock and low on quite a few of the popular kits. We got really stuffed around this year when the factory in China moved (without warning us) and set our orders back by three months.

Anyhoo, we've got a container full of kits, including the SV-1 ("Jem" style kit), due in late January/early February.

Fretworn
31-12-2014, 05:31 AM
Welcome Simon. That's a lot of guitars for you to be still calling yourself an "Aspiring musician" ;)

Scott J.
31-12-2014, 05:56 AM
G'day Dr.N, welcome to the "gang" ... its always great to see another builder in the line-up bring their style and knowledge to the group (and it gives us all another source of builds to "ooh" and "aah" over - which we all like to do! :D)

You'll find the forum full of all the info for any problem you're ever likely to come across ... as well as much humour and many a well-timed quip! ... plus the service that Adam and the PBG crew provide for their customers really is second to none.

... and as Fretworn points out, with that many axes we thinks you can safely re-designate yourself from "aspiring" to "committed" :D

Brendan
31-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Welcome along Simon - sounds like you got a bit of a dud from the Irish mob. Adam takes customer service seriously here - I'm yet to see someone who is unhappy with the service from PitBull.

Best of luck with the build - when it comes into stock!

wokkaboy
31-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Welcome Simon,
you won't be disappointed with a PBG kit and there's lots of help and knowledge on the forum so I'm sure you will end up with a fantastic looking axe that plays well

stan
31-12-2014, 06:39 PM
welcome Simon , shop no further, you've found the right place!
Don't forget a build thread once you get going!

Rob L
01-01-2015, 01:47 PM
Welcome Dr.!

DrNomis_44
06-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Cheers mates,

As I have a bit of a background in Electronics, I'm looking at buying a PCB and Chassis kit for building a Soldano SLO100 amp head from another website, Ampclones.com, they have some good prices.

Thanks for letting me know about the avalability of the Jem kits, I'll be looking at buying one once I know they're in stock, we're getting a bit of wet weather (monsoonal) here in Darwin at the moment so I'll probably have to wait till the weather dries up a bit, will definitely keep you all posted, also I'd like to say thanks for welcoming me.

Just thought I'd add this titbit of info:

I'm a member of another forum called Freestompboxes.org, it's a forum for those who are interested in building their own stompboxes, or fx pedals, so, if there are any members of this forum interested in building pedals why not check Freestompboxes.org out, they're a pretty friendly bunch from all over the world.