PDA

View Full Version : Check this out.

rockmof
26-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Hi guys, I don't know if you know about this or not .....but... I got one for christmas and think it is fantastic.

It is a guitar pick maker, there are a lot of different ones around but mine is a "PICKMASTER'. It's good to have kids that know what is needed. Now will never need to buy another pick, although I might run out of credit cards, as that is what I used to make a few out of. At first I thought they may have been to flexible but they are just about right. If you are careful one card will make 5 picks but four if you dont line them up.
Mine is the one that has the pick ejected from the top, think it is easier to line them up, also got some radius gauges and a set up gauge. Handy, no excuse for not geting my action right.

pablopepper
26-12-2014, 12:56 PM
I got given one of them a few years ago. Great in a pinch, but I found that credit card material is too brittle and has a rough edge that needs filing. Never got around to it, but I know you can buy blank sheets of tortex and make up fifty or so for not much coin.

rockmof
26-12-2014, 01:41 PM
That sounds the way to go, there is a bit of sand paper stuck to the punch to give the pick a rub.
Might check the tortex out, will try to find a stockist here. Thanks for the tip.
I have heaps of picks but this is something to do (an interest). Also I want to try to do designs on them, they will wear of before one song is done but it's different .

stan
26-12-2014, 03:09 PM
cool device, enjoy!