PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas,

ironheadkevin
25-12-2014, 12:18 AM
Just received my kit from pit bull and I'm excited about doing my first build. I have always enjoyed learning new skills, especially when they expand old skill sets. I have 4 children who all play guitar, so if this build goes well, it won't be the last.

I have already started a build diary, My first build ESB-4SC, and would appreciate some help with the first couple of questions. Looking forward to doing this project and sharing the results with fellow forum members.

Kevin

WeirdBits
25-12-2014, 05:36 AM
Welcome Kevin, good luck with the first build.

Gavin1393
25-12-2014, 05:47 AM
Welcome on board...five builds at a minimum? :)
Here is a thread that is always a great place to start. Anything not found specifically will surely be answered by one of the friendly folk on our forum.

http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1895

Gavmeister

Brendan
25-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Only help we can't offer here is the therapy after wiring up the ES Kevin - haven't seemed to have gotten around to wiring up my ES-4 yet - will do though - one day soon.... (ish)! Welcome along and it's good to see another bottom end builder around.

ironheadkevin
26-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the welcome everybody. You are probably correct on the five build minimum Gavmeister. Haven't even started this one and already have requests from 3 of the 4 after they saw the kit yesterday.

Brendan, it appears that getting some of those components in place will be a little tricky. But I should be OK on the wiring part of things. Lots of experience creating wiring harnesses for different types of equipment and custom vehicles.

Brendan
26-12-2014, 09:16 PM
Sounds like you should be right Kevin! Best of luck :).

Fretworn
28-12-2014, 04:08 PM
Welcome Kevin.