PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Fender Roadshow

Scott J.
22-12-2014, 04:15 PM
It's on again ... Fender's annual presentation of its new lines.

Its free, ... its one night only (in each capital city) ... it has some great playing by a band put together from some Australia's most experienced session muso's and Greg Koch (US) ... and there's always a free guitar given away at each show to a lucky ticket holder

Here's the link to register for your free tickets ...

http://www.fender.com.au/feature/roadshow2015/index.cfm

... for those who'll be drooling, bring you own bib! :D

andrewdosborne
21-02-2015, 07:14 AM
Anyone in Sydney going to this? I should be going (month end at work pending..) would be good to catch up with any forumites

Scott J.
23-02-2015, 05:14 PM
Hey Andrew, yep I'll be there (this Friday for the Sydney show) ... great idea to catch up, I'll message you my mobile number.

wokkaboy
23-02-2015, 05:33 PM
good work Scott and Andrew you can give us a report on the show. I'm going to the Perth show Thursday March 5th with my 4D mates Wayne and Glenn, so any Perth forum members let me know if you're going. When I originally booked it was sold out and I went on a waiting list and luckily there were 3 tickets free for us

stan
24-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Going to the Melbourne show!

gavinturner
26-02-2015, 11:11 AM
I'm thinking very strongly about attending the sydney show. It's a bit of a hike in for me but I'm considering it.

cheers,
Gav.

wokkaboy
26-02-2015, 11:28 AM
nice one Gav, it's well worth it the Greg Koch band are pretty cool and he is entertaining.
Have you booked a seat ? You need to pre-book and good chance its sold out like the Perth show did months ago

kimball492
26-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Jeez they went fast I'm waitlisted thanks for the shout Scott much appreciated

andrewdosborne
27-02-2015, 06:34 PM
Early report (on way home) still need time to digest it all!

Scott - great to meet you, and thanks for putting me onto this great event, thoroughly enjoyed it

Some items that caught my eye..

60s reissue Baja Telecaster
Brown Derby Resonator
Deluxe Active Okoume Jazz Bass
Vintage Modified Bass VI

Vintage Modified Baritone Jazzmaster (beautiful looking creation)

Also new range of Strats with underwound vintage humbucker (bridge) and 2x single coil

57 Bandmaster amp reissue
Vapouriser amp
Blues Jr Black Paisley amp

Interestingly a lot of good quality Mexican and Squire axes.

Plus.. the band was awesome

wokkaboy
28-02-2015, 07:13 AM
sounds like a great night Scott and Andrew,
I'm going to the Perth show Thursday night, can't wait. I'll try get some photos of the outstanding axes and I went last year and the band were great fun

Scott J.
01-03-2015, 07:26 AM
Yep, was a most enjoyable evening!

Really great to catch up with another PBG-ite (hey Andrew) and the band were as rocking as ever ... Greg Koch is one seriously impressive guitarist and full of enough personal anecdotes and comic one-liners to really keep the show entertaining.

Fender might not make "ground-shaking" changes to their range of products each year but the little things they do change are always interesting (hey, when you've produced models that have been become true icons in their field why risk screwing it up!) ... but this year they do have some really nice "re-issues" of some of their classic axes and amps (keep an out for the Blues Juniors and the Twin Reverbs!)

And the big surprise was this year's giveaway prize ... not the usual acoustic but a full blown Tele Cabronita! (with Bigsby) ... unfortunately someone else won it! :(

wokkaboy
06-03-2015, 08:17 AM
I went to the Perth show lastnight and really enjoyed it. Some delicious looking and sounding axes. Got a close up look of a few after the show and they were nicely finished and the necks felt sweet.
Greg is very entertaining and funny !
Will definitely be going to the show next year