PDA

View Full Version : JM-1 Bridge Saddle

adam
17-12-2014, 08:13 AM
Hey Folks,

I have a customer with a mangled bridge saddle on his JM-1 kit.

Would anybody have a spare that we can send him? Happy to reimburse you.

I can get some from China, but there would be a long wait.

Here's what the bridge looks like:

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/JM-1-04.jpg

wokkaboy
17-12-2014, 08:26 AM
bummer Ads, I haven't built a JM-1 kit but its on the bucket list. Be lucky if anyone has a spare one unless a JM-1 builder has upgraded their bridge.
Might have to ask the customer to buy one online and reimburst him.
If he doesn't order it from an Australian shop (presuming the customer lives in Australia) it will be probably next year with the xmas break and slow postage this time of year.
Perhaps anyone who has built a JM-1 may have done some research on upgrading the bridge. Not sure how standard the kit one is and whether the real one uses the same pivot system

bargeloobs
17-12-2014, 09:01 AM
I've seen this issue before and if by "mangled" you mean one screw, one pivot, I think you'll find that's how they work. I'll try and dig up a pic.

wokkaboy
17-12-2014, 09:06 AM
hey Barge where you been hiding mate, you just got over the judging of December GOTM ?

Good point Barge I do remember this has come up before the bridge looked mangled but the knife edge makes contact with a pivot and a rounded part swivels on the other pivot.

Maybe Ads can you please ask the customer to take a photo of the supplied bridge, I think it's supposed to look like the bridge in the photo

ultpanzi
17-12-2014, 09:07 AM
I've got a set of six bridge saddles (in a spare bridge lying around.) Theyre not the same as the JM-1 saddles but if he replaces all of them it shouldnt be a problem. Only issue is that they might not fit so if you send the measurements of an individual saddle, Ill compare it to the saddles I have and if theyre close enough then Im willing to part with the set.

bargeloobs
17-12-2014, 09:13 AM
Hey bro, what's been happening!! Tell ya what, that GOTM was a killer, not sure I'm over it yet :-)
I've just been playing Bob the builder at our new house and we've only just got the interwebs hooked up, I've barely played a guitar in the last 2 months let alone build one:-(

wokkaboy
17-12-2014, 09:14 AM
crikey Barge you must have major axe and internet withdrawals mate and I reckon judging GOTM these days isn't far off the stress of wiring an ES kit !
Good to have you back bro !
All forum members welcome to join us in the naughty room for beer and pizza to celebrate the festive season. You did give me the okay DB to invite everyone didn't you ?

bargeloobs
17-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Yeah man she's been a flat out couple of months with not a lot of time for withdrawls, but I can just about relax again now....just about.
So has that keg of Coopers Pale Ale turned up for the naughty room yet?
Anyway if you look at the bridge on Andy's JM-1 you can clearly see what's going on (provided this was the issue in the first place of course)

wokkaboy
17-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Hey Barge, sure open to requests for beer @ the naughty room and Coopers pale ale just so happens to be one of DB's faves and I enjoy it too

bargeloobs
18-12-2014, 03:10 AM
Hey Barge, sure open to requests for beer @ the naughty room and Coopers pale ale just so happens to be one of DB's faves and I enjoy it too

DB's prolly got a secret stash of the stuff hidden somewhere, we'll have to raid it:-)