PDA

View Full Version : New member coming through

Shoota
03-12-2014, 11:07 PM
Hi Guys, I'm new here. I reside in Perth. I can't play the guitar. I own a beautiful Epiphone Les Paul studio. But recently came across these kits and am looking forward to building 1 or 5.

Shoota
03-12-2014, 11:09 PM
726726. Here is said Epiphone

Shoota
03-12-2014, 11:10 PM
Twice it seems. I'll get the hang of this forum soon enough.

pablopepper
04-12-2014, 05:08 AM
Hi Shoota. You'll get it with a little practice, just like playing the guitar. :)
What kits have you got your eye on?

Scott J.
04-12-2014, 07:42 AM
Hi Shoota, welcome on board ... looks like you're already aware of the "PBG-bug" (once you've built your first, it just never stops there! :D ) ... directly related to a condition referred to as G.A.S. (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome)

... and don't forget, we all love to see pics of each other's build-progress (keep a Build Diary) as well as the finished product

wokkaboy
04-12-2014, 07:43 AM
Welcome Shoota, good to have another Perth builder, as Pablo asked what kit/s are you planning on starting ?
Ask lots of questions, there's heaps of knowledge on this forum and start a build diary when the kit arrives.
The photo attachments didn't work (have to be administrator)

Fretworn
04-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Welcome Shoota

Shoota
04-12-2014, 12:38 PM
My first build will be a st junior for my daughter who is 6 in February. It will be painted. Not stained. And will be very girly. She has a 3/4 acoustic which she likes to play sometimes but it's so fat that she struggles. So I'm hoping electric will fix that and she will take it a bit more seriously. Then I'd like to do a LP or St for myself.

wokkaboy
04-12-2014, 12:41 PM
sounds like good plans Shoota, are you a north of the river or south ? You need a passport to enter north of the river

Shoota
04-12-2014, 01:12 PM
I live near Cannington. But I work in Osborne Park.

andrewdosborne
04-12-2014, 02:01 PM
Welcome to the forum Shoota. ST jnr a good idea for your daughter. If my guitar obsessed daughter was not so stubborn I'd build the same (she will only play a full size electric with capo 7th fret...)

Shoota
04-12-2014, 02:05 PM
My daughter may take no interest in it at all. But I'm going to try and give her a little push to do something musical. I wish I had learned when I was young. And rather than spend money on a ready to play one if I make it 'hers' in the styling she may want to play it. Not to mention I'll get her into some lessons. Maybe if we both do lessons she will see it doesn't just happen and stick with it.

Brendan
04-12-2014, 03:10 PM
sounds like good plans Shoota, are you a north of the river or south ? You need a passport to enter north of the river
Wokks - that's only to keep the riff raff like you 4d Guitars guys out :)...

Shoota - sounds like a great idea. Another way to get your daughter interested is to get her involved in the build - I've had my girls 5, 8 and 10 involved in sanding and working on my guitars and they just enjoy the time with Dad. Gav Turner's first build was a co build with his son on a warlock (from memory) that came out pretty neat - they both seemed pleased with the outcome at the very least. I'm thinking it'd be heaps of fun for her to go to school early next year with the answer to "what did you do on your holidays" being "I made a guitar with my Dad" - I think for many kids that would be pretty hard to beat.

Shoota
04-12-2014, 04:56 PM
Way to go setting a time limit for me there Brendan. That's like two months away. Ha ha. I had better order one tonight then rather than wait til Adam posts up a sale one. I'm not sure she could concentrate long enough. But I'll certainly include her.

Brendan
04-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Shoota - Never said you needed to finish it in 2 months ;) - instead I'd encourage you to take your time and to enjoy the ride! That said - ballpark for a build is ~ the 40 hour mark of work plus or minus - depending on luck, skill and level of perfectionism.

Shoota
04-12-2014, 09:06 PM
First kit(st Jnr) bought and paid for. And so it begins.

Shoota
07-12-2014, 11:28 AM
Guitar came today. Great service by Pitbull Guitars. After the little one goes to bed tonight I'll open it up and take a look. Then wrap it back up for Chrissy.

Brendan
07-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Aaaah pure joy! Cracking open a PBG kit and seeing it for the first time...