PDA

View Full Version : RIP Australian cricketer Phil Hughes

wokkaboy
27-11-2014, 12:15 PM
not long ago heard the sad news Aussie cricketer Phil Hughes lost his battle with the brain injury.
He was an inspirational player and was going to replace the injured captain Clark in the 1st test at the GABBA that starts in a week in the 1st test match Australia v India.
RIP buddy

dingobass
27-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Spare a thought for young Sean Abbott... Today his life changed forever.

Serious questions need to be asked.
Why wasnt there an ambo on the ground?
Why did it take 23 minutes to get said ambo to the ground?

wokkaboy
27-11-2014, 12:47 PM
yeah I agree DB there are alot of unanswered questions.
What blows me away is with early helmet designs that more cricketers haven't been killed from deliveries close to 100 mph.
Same thing in another sport at the October Japanese F1 GP Jules Bianchi drove into a recovery JCB and is still fighting for his life. Amazing he wasn't killed as his helmet hit the vehicle at very high speed.

pablopepper
27-11-2014, 12:56 PM

This. Its always sad when someone dies, especially from a tragic accident, but jeez, imagine what he's going through right now. Poor bugger.

adam
27-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Tragic news. RIP Champ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

west0288
27-11-2014, 02:03 PM

Amen on that. Abbott was good mates with Hughesy too. Terrible, terrible tragedy. :(

Gavin1393
27-11-2014, 05:20 PM
RIP Hughesy, and Sean Abbott 's mates will hopefully tell him that he needs to play the game for both of them now and not give up.

jarrod
27-11-2014, 05:54 PM
RIP hughesy , what dim day for Australian cricket. Abbot your an awsome cricketer and freaky shit happens, legends live on

ScoopD
27-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Absolutely devastated by the news this afternoon. As an avid cricket lover I had opinions about Hughesy that are not going to be brought up here. I am so much more concerned for Sean Abbott now. I commented to some friends a little while ago that he must be feeling like one of those train drivers who have someone jump in front of their train - he was just doing his job and the result was pretty much out of his control, but he will be second guessing himself with the What Ifs now.

WeirdBits
27-11-2014, 05:59 PM
A tragic day.

Nickosaurus
28-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Shocking accident. RIP