PDA

View Full Version : True Oil

DODGE
15-11-2014, 09:32 AM
Hi Guys
Just purchased my first kit yesterday the Tele with Ash body.
I want to finish the neck with True oil and I see it's mentioned on here in a few places.
Does anybody know where you can buy this in the land of Oz.
I am down Melbourne way.
I had a look in Bunnies, but couldn't see it.
Anybody
Dodge. :cool:
PS: Great forum.

wokkaboy
15-11-2014, 09:55 AM
hey Dodge (love the name !)
the only place I know that posts it (flammable liquid) is Queensland Gun Exchange in Brisbane, they are pretty slow in getting it out so you may have to follow them up with a phone call or email. Best value is the 32 ounce (968ml) for $37 plus postage
http://www.qldgunexchange.com/QGEWeb/product.seam?productId=34227
or 8 ounce (250ml) for $20 plus postage
http://www.qldgunexchange.com/QGEWeb/product.seam?productId=34225

it feels great on the neck, put on plenty of coats

vh2580
15-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Ring around gun shops in your area as quite a few stock it.

Brendan
15-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Dodge - also look at the local gunsmith / gun shop - it's actually a gun stock polish - just building a fan base with amateur luthiers.

dingobass
15-11-2014, 04:59 PM
And you can join the Lads in the naughty room... :)

wokkaboy
15-11-2014, 11:18 PM
DB I'm worried about the length of the line of forumites trying to get into the naughty room, it's mc-chockas and I've got sore arms (like 3 hours of sanding !) from serving pints all arvo !

DODGE
16-11-2014, 08:18 AM
Thanks for all that info guys.
Ok what's this naughty room?
D

wokkaboy
16-11-2014, 08:38 AM
hey Dodge, naughty room is a place where the resident luthier Dingobass detains forum members who use banned products or shop at Bunnings or Masters. The list of banned products is about a 5GB document haha
Minimum sentence is normally 2 weeks and some have got life (me haha). We eat pizza, drink beer and still build guitars so it's not all that bad.
DB hopes the time will rehabilitate us to use more natural products.
If you use Dingotone stains you will be safe mate !

DODGE
16-11-2014, 08:58 AM
hey Dodge, naughty room is a place where the resident luthier Dingobass detains forum members who use banned products or shop at Bunnings or Masters. The list of banned products is about a 5GB document haha
Minimum sentence is normally 2 weeks and some have got life (me haha). We eat pizza, drink beer and still build guitars so it's not all that bad.
DB hopes the time will rehabilitate us to use more natural products.
If you use Dingotone stains you will be safe mate !

Ah Got it
I swear I will never mention the big green shed again.
D

WhiteRabbitz
30-09-2015, 09:08 AM
So the 1 thing I done was put layer of oil on.....wait 1-2 minutes

use same oiled rag and gently wipe over

now no streaks

wokkaboy
30-09-2015, 09:37 AM
nice one WR, whatever works for you. After a bit of practice you will find the method that works for you

keloooe
30-09-2015, 10:12 AM
Hey Dodge, if you want to find some Tru Oil here in Melbourne try out the gunshop in Clayton, they stock it.