PDA

View Full Version : For Sale

AJ
09-11-2014, 11:57 AM
Orange Dual terror head, 30/15/7 watts, foot switch, gig bag - as new condition.. along with a home made cab done out in grey acoustic carpet , and celestion vintage 30-12", both for $1100 .. pick up from Melbourne only. Or arrange your own postage
I need to raise some funds for a new project (equipment), I have not had much use as the missus don't like my noisy learning so I only use the line 6 amp with head phones..

stan
09-11-2014, 01:48 PM
good luck with sale, very nice home made cab

bargeloobs
09-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Speaking of selling things...what's this worth ya recon coz it's going on Ebay?

stan
09-11-2014, 05:01 PM
@Bargey - cost of kit , plus cost of custom bits, plus something...

the plus something is the hard part - labour, quality of finish, compared with prices of real Gibson LPs, Known LP copies...(Tokai etc)

bargeloobs
09-11-2014, 05:07 PM
@Bargey - cost of kit , plus cost of custom bits, plus something...

the plus something is the hard part - labour, quality of finish, compared with prices of real Gibson LPs, Known LP copies...(Tokai etc)

I'm hearin' ya Stan! If I can get $800 (which is what I'm asking) I've just covered my costs + time and heartache, I think that's fair no?

west0288
09-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Not the Blacktop! :-O

Why are you selling that beautiful, beautiful beast, Bargey?

ponch
09-11-2014, 05:26 PM
I'd say that's fair. I'm trying to sell my spalty lp for $450 up here but as it's a small community I've had zero luck. Hopefully you'll have more luck in a bigger city. The only offer I've had is to swap for an old j&d guitar and old school floor pod.

Nickosaurus
09-11-2014, 07:22 PM
Barge that Blacktop is gorgeous!

It's a shame you live in such a small area Andrew. You might have to think about shipping your geets out when you get a business going.

Might as well chuck this up here:

Looking for a delay pedal with a modulation effect.

ponch
09-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Yeah will do man. Have a look at a dd7. I've got one, has a mod effect and making your own tap temp is a sinch. I built one into a tuna can. I've put a new switch in since the photo was taken.

bargeloobs
10-11-2014, 03:13 AM
I'm hearin' ya Stan! If I can get $800 (which is what I'm asking) I've just covered my costs + time and heartache, I think that's fair no?

Hey Brodes, I don't really want to part with her but now that I've got a decent workshop space I need the beans to buy more tools and continue this addiction, I've built one, I can do it again.

I was just doing the math on the "Blacktop" and parts alone came in at well over $900 ($966 to be exact) so add custom touches and labour into that it's a nice little package really.

Bladecatcher's off too once I sort out a minor wiring issue.

@andrew - man I feel your pain re: living in small towns, it makes it really hard to do anything related with music or musical instruments, we've got a 3hr trip to get to the nearest city or 5hrs to Melbourne. Even finding cats to jam with is damn near impossible, unless you're into country music that is...thanks but no thanks.

Nickosaurus
10-11-2014, 12:33 PM
dude that's so cool. Tuna delay.

out of interest why did you build it into a tuna can? haha

ponch
10-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Because the switch was too deep to fit in an Eclipse mint tin and I had the tuna can in the cupboard. I wish there was an cooler explanation.

west0288
10-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Hey Brodes, I don't really want to part with her but now that I've got a decent workshop space I need the beans to buy more tools and continue this addiction, I've built one, I can do it again.

I was just doing the math on the "Blacktop" and parts alone came in at well over $900 ($966 to be exact) so add custom touches and labour into that it's a nice little package really.

Bladecatcher's off too once I sort out a minor wiring issue.

Oh man! Both your babies are going...? Jeez, you're a braver man than I. I'd struggle to part with something that I put together worth half what you've made (and with half the effort too :p ).

Still, if it means we get to see some more Bargeloobs Magic, it can't be all bad I guess. What's on the cards equipment wise, and build wise, once you get some funds?

wokkaboy
10-11-2014, 02:24 PM
love the tuna delay Andrew, thats way cool.
Barge you can build another LP and double cut tele and probably better ones with new equipment, worth decking out the new workshop !