PDA

View Full Version : Naughty Room Life Membership Applications

Gavin1393
01-11-2014, 03:31 AM
Decision made to offer Life memberships to Naughty Room where beer flows constantly (Thanks Wokka) and AJ is making Pizza to order (easy on the anchovies).

Application requirements are simple:
Must suffer GAS or BAS.
Must have deviated at sometime from using Dingotone.
Must have somehow taken a left when you should have turned right and ended up in a big green store (being caught on TV camera's is an automatic elevation in status.)

You may nominate yourself or a fellow forum member.
State the crime, reason for nomination.

Life membership ensures that should you later follow the straight and narrow, that you will always be welcomed back to the dark side of the naughty room!

pablopepper
01-11-2014, 03:37 AM
“Ah you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding!”

Nickosaurus
01-11-2014, 03:50 AM
'Ah you think the tru-oil is your friend? You merely adopted the oil. I have used it, I have finished with it. I didn't see the Dingotone until I was already in the naughty room, by then it was nothing to me but organic!'

Gavin1393
01-11-2014, 04:03 AM
To start the ball rolling I nominate our Esteemed leader of PitBull, Adam for his early attempts at painting a guitar with aerosols and for using inappropriate glue products on his set necks, going into Green Stores to acquire long 3-4mm drills to ground his bridge but most importantly for lusting after Telecasters painted with non-Dingotone substances made by other members.

I also nominate our Luthier-in-Residence, DingoBass himself. Primarily because if I didn't the 'little creatures' supply line would be diverted away from the Naughty Room, and secondly because of the marital problems caused to many of the forum members who attempted to get their wives / girlfriends to finish their sanding duties and whose wives and girlfriends it was who sent them to the naughty room in the first place. Some have never left and there is a conspiracy theory that some who have never left the Naughty Room would like to thank him as soon as he arrives back!

stan
01-11-2014, 04:06 AM
Let's see:

Me- 3 Kits, in various states of completion, one yet to commence, all have acrylic paint finishes, one has nitro top coats.

Harmony guitar resto - all acrylic, except for Feast Watson stain....

I do have a Fender Tele and a Squier Strat - no Dingo tone on those either

I dont have GAS as much as others due to funding limitations and a desire to remain married.

I do have a granita machine that would go well in the naughty room - just add alcohol

wokkaboy
01-11-2014, 04:23 AM
well I've been a life member since day 1 of the naughty room and its a fun place to be. Build guitars, drink beer and eat pizza. DB even hooked us up with a really slow wifi connection so we can post our build diaries !
I've re-used 3 of Ad's necks from his builds and I've never seen 12 tuner holes drilled for a 6 string haha

kells80aus
01-11-2014, 04:36 AM
So Gav, me using Acrylic automatically entitles me to LMotNR...

Is there a secret handshake akin to the emptying the HVLP pot into the big tin of clear shinny liquid, while slowly repeating the words N i t r o, N i t r o, N i t r o....

he he he. LOL

PK

dingobass
01-11-2014, 05:03 AM
It seems that what was meant to be a place of rehabilitation has become a sanctuary...

So be it :)

However, there is now a new and far more scarey form of punishment for those who stray from the path of purity.....
Those who now step into the darkness will recieve a Miss Fiona says email... ( my wonderfull other half)

Adam, Woks and a few others will attest to the sheer terror of opening such emails...

ponch
01-11-2014, 05:15 AM
Yeah I suppose I'm in. Acrylics, 2k, fw products, poly varnish, tru oil, sanding sealers, propane torches and no idea what I'm doing. I did use dingo wax once though!

wokkaboy
01-11-2014, 05:16 AM
haha yeah I've seen some Miss Fiona emails and they are scary. One of them was a WTF you using Feast Watson when DT was available and I was off DB's xmas card list. I was devastated and ended up being a prank email ! haha
I'm happy to keep being rehabilitated in the NR as long as pizza and beer keeps flowing and the wifi download rate increases from 2kb/s!

AJ
01-11-2014, 06:38 AM
I'm not sayin nuthin...............I got for the term of your natural life..lol (But I knows how to make a great pizza now)

bargeloobs
01-11-2014, 07:13 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from AJ on October 31, 2014, 15:38
I'm not sayin nuthin...............I got for the term of your natural life..lol (But I knows how to make a great pizza now)

Hmmmm, we should swap recipes, I've got a pretty bangin' base recipe of my own.

ponch
01-11-2014, 07:15 AM
Chef over here!!

Gavin1393
01-11-2014, 07:33 AM
Keep those applications coming! Loads of acceptances available!

adamboyle
01-11-2014, 08:00 AM
Yeah, you do NOT want to get an email from Miss Fiona. That's when you know you've really crossed the line.

I think my attempt at finishing an SG-1 in Bunnings Wood Stain that attracted You Tube comments such as "that's the worst finish on a guitar I have ever seen" and "Is this a joke?" and "No, seriously, is this a joke?" more than qualifies me.

bargeloobs
01-11-2014, 08:06 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from AdamBoyle on October 31, 2014, 17:00
Yeah, you do NOT want to get an email from Miss Fiona. That's when you know you've really crossed the line.

I think my attempt at finishing an SG-1 in Bunnings Wood Stain that attracted You Tube comments such as "that's the worst finish on a guitar I have ever seen" and "Is this a joke?" and "No, seriously, is this a joke?" more than qualifies me.

Link...

adamboyle
01-11-2014, 08:19 AM
I deleted thosee videos in shame Bargeloobs. I'll see if I can find some photos. DB has a box of my failed attempts at his place, which he's salvaging for parts.

ponch
01-11-2014, 08:55 AM
Can't be as bad as my ex1... The neck join gave way in the heat as well the other day haha.

dingobass
01-11-2014, 01:34 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from andrew on October 31, 2014, 17:55
Can't be as bad as my ex1... The neck join gave way in the heat as well the other day haha.

Let me guess.
You used PVA made by a company whos name begins with S?

Titebond is the best of the easy to use glues ;)

ponch
01-11-2014, 02:25 PM
Nah it was pbg glue mate.

ponch
01-11-2014, 02:58 PM
But yeah, I do have titebond now so I'll clean the pocket up and reset her on my next days off.

wokkaboy
01-11-2014, 04:02 PM
you may not have used enough glue Andrew, titebond is the beez neez and thats what PBG supply. Glad this thread has attracted some interest !

kells80aus
01-11-2014, 09:03 PM
On another banned topic I am still having issues with the Acrylic. Had AJ over the other day and we had a tinker using a batch I had mixed that was around 2(T)-1(A). AJ has sujested it should be only 75% thinners. but even when I tried a 1-1 batch it was too thick. I did some looking on Google and concensus is 1.5 thinners to 1 acrylic. I'd say that's dependant on the brand of thiners and acrylic used. It could be up to 50% either way. The batch of 1-1 I made up brought out a nice snakeskin affect, which is not real helpful on a neck, so I am going to add a little more thiners, and try again. I am after a nice slick finish on this Black DC.

PK

stan
01-11-2014, 09:04 PM
I think this would be easier to make a list of who is NOT in the naughty room....

pablopepper
02-11-2014, 01:34 AM
That's an easy list.

1. Dingobass

dingobass
02-11-2014, 01:09 AM
@ Andrew.

Wow, i have never had Titebond fail... It could be not enough glue or you clamped it too tight and inadvertantly squeezed the glue out of the joint..
The other possibility is dust or grease on either the heel or in the pocket..

ponch
02-11-2014, 02:03 AM
Defs user error mate, probably all of the above.

stan
02-11-2014, 08:55 AM
Quote from pablopepper on November 1, 2014, 10:34
That's an easy list.

1. Dingobass

No DB is on the list for earlier infractions.

I think Miss Fiona is the only one not there, and perhaps the K9 mascots...