PDA

View Full Version : metric knobs to fit Bourns minis?

danluland@dodo.com.au
14-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier where i can get some vintage style (bell or witches hat kind of thing) in the 18 spline to fit the Bourns minis?
Seems to be very hard for some reason, Novella guitars have twice sent me 24 spline despite saying they had metric on offer. They reckon they tested the second set before they sent them out, I'd love to know how!
Been waiting over 2 weeks to put the finishing touch to my ES1G, grrrr

Dan

bargeloobs
14-10-2014, 08:52 PM
The knobs that ship with the kits should be metric, unless you're wanting to change the colour of course.

dingobass
14-10-2014, 10:41 PM
Try realtone in QLD.

danluland@dodo.com.au
14-10-2014, 10:42 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from bargeloobs on October 14, 2014, 05:52
The knobs that ship with the kits should be metric, unless you're wanting to change the colour of course.

yeah, looking for black ones. I didnt love the ones with the kit so I binned them thinking what i wanted would be easy to source - doh!

bargeloobs
14-10-2014, 11:06 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from danluland@dodo.com.au on October 14, 2014, 07:42

/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from bargeloobs on October 14, 2014, 05:52

yeah, looking for black ones. I didnt love the ones with the kit so I binned them thinking what i wanted would be easy to source - doh!

How would these do?
From memory I actually got these off Cos at Novella too but had the opposite problem, I wanted to replace some on a Gibson SG and he sent me metric ones instead.
They seem to fit my Bournes minis all good, if you want em' you can have em'
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/7j47e-223344.jpg

danluland@dodo.com.au
14-10-2014, 11:24 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from bargeloobs on October 14, 2014, 08:06

/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from danluland@dodo.com.au on October 14, 2014, 07:42

/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from bargeloobs on October 14, 2014, 05:52

How would these do?
From memory I actually got these off Cos at Novella too but had the opposite problem, I wanted to replace some on a Gibson SG and he sent me metric ones instead.
They seem to fit my Bournes minis all good, if you want em' you can have em'
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/7j47e-223344.jpg

That would be awesome mate, thanks

bargeloobs
14-10-2014, 11:33 PM
Drop me a line here mate and I'll get them away for ya;-) sodacupkiller69@gmail.com

pablopepper
14-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Ok here's a question, anyone know the size of the nuts that go on these pots? With the single one that comes with, the knobs sit miles off the pickguard like in Barge's pic and if I can get 4 more, I can get them to sit lower but nothing in the enormous pile of extra bits I've got fits.

bargeloobs
15-10-2014, 12:13 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from pablopepper on October 14, 2014, 08:41
Ok here's a question, anyone know the size of the nuts that go on these pots? With the single one that comes with, the knobs sit miles off the pickguard like in Barge's pic and if I can get 4 more, I can get them to sit lower but nothing in the enormous pile of extra bits I've got fits.

I couldn't tell you the size of the nut Pabs but I can tell you the nuts off a CTS solid shaft (or probably any CTS pot for that matter) fit perfectly.
There's probably plenty of places to get em' but I know for a fact Novella Guitars stocks them because I had to get some to solve that exact issue on the "Blacktop"
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/zec85-556677.jpg

dingobass
15-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Or you could scrabble around in your bits and bobs drawer and use appropriatly sized washers to pack it with..
Saves waiting for extra nuts to arrive ;)

pablopepper
15-10-2014, 12:36 AM
Top idea DB. I did a bit of googling and found out 3/8" diameter. My brother (car guy) reckons I should be able to find some at Supercheap or Repco, so I'll hit them this afternoon, but if that doesn't pan out washers is a good alternative.

Cheers guys.