PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

shoey
05-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Hey all,

Excitedly ordered my 1st kit to experiment on (ash strat) with intentions of building a "Auscaster" tele out of tassie Blackwood and using hand made pickups out of south aus. Will be scouring the many posts on here (and probably pestering a few of you along the way) especially regarding finish.

Not sure what protocol is on here about intros but I'm located in the southern highlands of nsw, play in a working covers band (and duo/solo acoustic stuff for extra pocket money) and am a relative noob to guitar building/modding. Just slapped a humbucker in the neck of my mim tele and am giving an epi les Paul jnr a significant overhaul at present.

Catch you round the forums,
Shoey

WeirdBits
05-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Welcome Shoey, great to have you onboard. There's always plenty of help here on the forums if you ever need it, so don't be afraid to ask. Start a build diary when you get your kit and prepare for your new obsession.

Brendan
05-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Welcome along Shoey, great to have you on board!

robin
05-10-2014, 12:49 PM
Hi Shoey,

Welcome to the Forums mate. If you are into modding your own guitars, you'll have no problems building a PitBull kit.

Start a build diary, and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions, there's plenty of help here.

cheers
rob

stan
05-10-2014, 09:42 PM
welcome mate. Enjoy!

dingobass
06-10-2014, 12:29 AM
Welcome to the crazy ranch!

How are things in the Southern Highlands? I grew up there :)

wokkaboy
06-10-2014, 12:44 AM
welcome Shoey, sounds like you have some cool plans and a few projects on the go. Look forward to seeing the build diaries. So the tazzy blackwood auscaster will be a scratch build ?

shoey
06-10-2014, 01:01 AM
I failed woodwork at school so it won't be a ground up build. I'm really interested in what the strat will turn out like. I've got a couple of big gigs coming up, would be cool to show off a DIY

Fretworn
06-10-2014, 09:08 PM
Welcome Shoey!