PDA

View Full Version : Andrews spalty demo

ponch
26-09-2014, 12:14 AM
Hey guys. Here is a demo of my spalty lp I just finished. Sorry about the bung notes. As everyone knows, your as good as vai til you start recording.

http://youtu.be/WhTEaGKfzIU

wokkaboy
26-09-2014, 12:40 AM
well done Andrew, sounds awesome, great range of sounds you played. Are these Epiphone pups ? Maybe the earlier parts of the vid the camera was too high and couldn't see what you were playing.

ponch
26-09-2014, 12:49 AM
Probably was mate, just had my phone resting against a speaker on my desk. Next time ill get the boss on camera duties. Epi pups all round. Dont know what model or anything, just that they came out of my lp when I put a jb, 59 in it.

wokkaboy
26-09-2014, 01:26 AM
yer ok cool, well you got a good sound anyway, looks like you have at least 8 - 10 effects pedals. Makes a huge difference to mike up the amp and sync it with the video pictures. Is that easy to do ? I got cubase

ponch
26-09-2014, 01:45 AM
Turns out it isn't. The sound, I just realised, is half phone Mic and half 57 hence the buzzy sound. I'll 're upload a proper vid later tonight with the sound fixed. As for lining it up, not hard at all, just a bit fiddly.

wokkaboy
26-09-2014, 01:59 AM
what software are you using Andrew to mix the miked sound into the video, is that possible with cubase ?
I'm plugging the guitar directly into cubase so the amp isn't miked up

ponch
26-09-2014, 02:37 AM
Can't remember the name but if you Google how to edit a video for YouTube the first result of a YouTube vid is the program I Got, free trial and the link is in the description. I hit record on the camera, then record on cubase, did my thing then exported the cubase audio and put it in the video software as an audio track. Dropped in the vid track, lined it all up and exported as an mp4. If you click on a track the audio properties pop up so you can mute the audio from the camera and only have the cubase audio or blend the two together.

wokkaboy
26-09-2014, 02:49 AM
ok cool thanks Andrew, might look into it, my 4D mate Dennis probably knows how to merge the audio and video.
I'll keep videoing with the gopro gives a pretty good sound.
I've ordered a gopro clip on mount that will be able to clip to the headstock and record straight down the neck, should arrive next week I'll post a demo sometime. Ordered it I'm playing the national anthem for an intro to opening ceremony for the state BMX titles Saturday week

ponch
26-09-2014, 03:17 AM
That's unreal man! Congrats. You gotta post that vid, I wanna see it hey.

gavinturner
26-09-2014, 04:03 AM
Great work Andrew. She sounds amazing, and that's killer playing. Awesome.

Cheers,
Gav.

wokkaboy
26-09-2014, 04:10 AM
will post the national anthem video Andrew. I got a gopro mount for my axe, the bass player and hopefully another mate will video it

ponch
26-09-2014, 08:32 AM
Sounds good mate.

ponch
26-09-2014, 11:13 AM
sorry to double post but here is the vid again. i uploaded it again with the correct audio channel active. sorry guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI3_BZKCaXw

pablopepper
30-09-2014, 03:21 AM
Must have missed this. Nice work, sounds wicked.

ponch
30-09-2014, 06:49 AM
Thanks mate.