PDA

View Full Version : "Tele Plus" writes its first song.

ihasmario
23-09-2014, 10:11 AM
Copycat thread! :)

I can't really master, but I mix on headphones so it's probably a good idea to listen on them.

https://soundcloud.com/ihasmario/sleeper

:> Hope you enjoy my bad playing and singing and all that

pablopepper
23-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Thumbs up. I can dig it. :)

ihasmario
23-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Thanks Pabs. It's not finished and some parts will probably change but it's going on the backburner for some other stuff now that its more or less presentable.

:)

bargeloobs
24-09-2014, 12:36 AM
Had a listen through my monitors and yeah..a pretty solid mix alright, nice job! Track has a very Radiohead-esque feel about it too which is something I find really appealing. Lovin' the trap beats thrown in there.
Choice one!

wokkaboy
24-09-2014, 01:38 AM
sounds good Chris, got to be happy with the tele sound. Are they stock pups or upgrades ?

ihasmario
24-09-2014, 02:32 AM
Thanks Barge. I think the vocals need to be redone for diction. Didn't know trap was a thing, I don't think I like the drums, though :)

Wokka - Bridge is a Lace Sensor "Dually" Red and Neck is Lace Sensor "Blue". I think for most of it I am using both at the same time. The delayed effect in the chorus is how the guitar sounds "clean" (but obviously it has reverb and delay)

pablopepper
24-09-2014, 02:39 AM
I've been thinking more about this track today. I originally got the Radiohead vibe, but there was something else that really clicked with me. Have you listened to much The Album Leaf? If not, you might like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yv6Gn911uc
Keep it up dude!

ihasmario
24-09-2014, 03:01 AM
No I haven't, but from this track I really like it. Definitely my kind of thing. I'm looking to redo the drums on mine, I think they did a better version than me. Also their cymbals are much better sounding - swapping samples is something I am going to do. I've also got to mix up my beatrepeat more, like they did. And I think I am going to rework it so it's less chorus/verse and more through composed, like the kind of vibe the album leaf was giving.

My biggest influences are probably Bjork, Radiohead and an ambient group called Carbon Based Lifeforms.

The album leaf reminds me of CBL, but in a more techy way.

Have you listened to much Deathprod? This track in particular has a similar thing to the above track you linked, where it's the same kind of thing but more layers come out and you get drawn in. Much darker, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLUFEEZMOtw

pablopepper
24-09-2014, 10:48 AM
OK, 2 minutes in, I was thinking "garbage". At about 6 minutes I realised it was like a game of sonic spot the difference. At 11 minutes I think I melted into the couch for a while. Dude.

ihasmario
24-09-2014, 12:01 PM
Haha I know right. Same thing here. Same kind of thing for the album leaf for me, but it started easier to digest because it wasnt as repetitive as the deathprod.

gavinturner
29-09-2014, 06:57 AM
Love the track dude - really amazing stuff! I don't know much about perfect mastering, but it sounded great to me!

Cheers,
Gav.

ihasmario
29-09-2014, 12:36 PM
Thanks Gav! I think I'm slowly working out how to do it better. Limiters/Compressors on some tracks, EQ out the stuff I don't need....