PDA

View Full Version : burst advise

makarauk
20-09-2014, 09:59 PM
hi all,

just a quick one...so i'm working through my first build, the es-1gt (a nice easy one for my first attempt, right??!) anyways, i am doing it emerald isles green with a burst out to dark onyx. i ordered the kits direct from wudtone as pitbull didnt have the green - and it said i needed both a body kit and also the burst add on. ok, got those...so i have 2 lots of stuff - the body kit (deep colour and base) and then the burst (deep colour green & onyx)....and it looks like the green burst is basically another bottle of the deep tone from the body kit (making sense??).so my question is this:

do i apply the normal emerald green deep colour and base, THEN apply the onyx and green burst, or do i put the 2nd deep tone from the burst on, then the base, then finally the onyx....

i'm a bit confused.

any help would be appreciated guys

Gavin1393
21-09-2014, 09:10 AM
Hi Makarauk
My understanding is that the Emerald Isles Kit includes a Deep colour coat, Base coat and Top coat. The Dark Onyx kits includes a Deep colour*coat, Base coat and a Top coat.
The base coats include pigments and or dyes ( depending on colour option) .
The top coat includes more waxes, curing agents.

If your kit includes a deep colour coat, use this for the first coat onto the bare wood as this is essential to achieve a deep tint.
Always work with the lightest colour first, darker colour second. You won't paint the whole guitar with the green first....paint where you want to see green......then paint where you want to see the Onxy.....then blend the colours with a fresh rag.....