PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys

daleweise
11-09-2014, 04:27 AM
Hey everyone,
I'm Dale from Brisbane, working on an SG1.
So far so good.
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/b2942-21082014142.jpg

wokkaboy
11-09-2014, 04:43 AM
Hey Dale,
welcome to the forum, that SG1 looks excellent, can you please tell us a bit about it like what the blue stain is ?
Hows does it sound and play ? You fitted all stock parts ?

gavinturner
11-09-2014, 04:49 AM
Looks great Dale! I second what Wokka said - could you give us some details about the finish?

cheers,
Gav.

pablopepper
11-09-2014, 06:06 AM
Good to see another Brisvegan. Love that blue!

daleweise
12-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Hi guys,
Basically it's a water based ink from a direct to garment printer(for printing shirts)
I got the idea from a guy on youtube. You start with a container of water and add some ink.
I started with a watered down black, rubbing it in with a cloth, this brings out the grain, then sanded it back, then the watered down cyan. sand it some more. I probably did about 5 or 6 coats of cyan.
The back of the guitar turned out a little raised because of the water based ink. I'd sand it flat, but as soon as I stained it, it would puff up again, but I guess it's only the back.
Then I finished it off with decking oil, shonky I know, but I decided to take a 'Mac Gyver' approach to it!
I replaced the nut with a Tusq one. Just waiting on some files I ordered so I can file the nut. I'll probably print a sticker at work for the headstock, other than that it's just about done.
Plays pretty good!
cheers