PDA

View Full Version : "Dingtone"?

Fretworn
11-09-2014, 02:06 AM
Hi Adam, just noticed the scrolling banner ad on the site is currently calling it "Dingtone", not Dingotone.

wokkaboy
11-09-2014, 04:48 AM
Well spotted Fretty, I been looking at the home page and never noticed !
Maybe its the Italian version of Dingotone ? haha

adam
11-09-2014, 05:12 AM
Haha, yeah, well spotted Fretty. I made that slide very quickly (it shows), so I'll do up a better slide now we have some actual photos of the finish to use. Thanks for pointing that out.

If anyone sees any Easter Eggs (from the sale) on the site, let me know. I thought I deleted them all but I found another one last night.

wokkaboy
11-09-2014, 05:47 AM
so Ads if we find an easter egg does that mean we can purchase a $20 kit ? hahaha

adam
11-09-2014, 09:04 AM
And fixed...

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/0sih7-mainslide-14.jpg

AJ
11-09-2014, 11:09 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from adam on September 10, 2014, 14:12
Haha, yeah, well spotted Fretty. I made that slide very quickly (it shows), so I'll do up a better slide now we have some actual photos of the finish to use. Thanks for pointing that out.

If anyone sees any Easter Eggs (from the sale) on the site, let me know. I thought I deleted them all but I found another one last night.

Tee Shirt Page Adam.. one egg! 8O How big are the XL tees? am wanting one

ozbird
18-09-2014, 10:08 AM
"Dingtone" = Dingotone on a basswood body.

ozzbike
27-10-2014, 05:55 AM
My first Pit Bull Build did not go so well....moving on now. Looking at making the Precision Bass Deluxe kit with the Red pickguard.

I have been mucking around with the bass guitars I have at home the past few days. They all have different finishes. From a manufactured spray painted acrylic finish, lacquer finish, tru-oil finish, to wipe-on poly finish.

Maybe it is just me, but I get wicked sustain on the oiled finish (wax over the top.) The others are not too bad....but the non painted finish is awesome.

So, the question. I have been thinking about making a Bass and using Dingotone to finish, seal and protect the guitar. However colours and combinations escape me. The kit, PBH-4, has a basswood body with a red pearloid pickguard....so was thinking something with the Coolangatta Gold colour kit on the body. What neck colour?????? Would I be better with the colourless kit, or what colour does the Acacia kit finish as....(amber/yellow perhaps?) I would think that the bloodwood would be nearly a red colour.

My thoughts were...PBH4 kit, DingoWax to fingerboard and overall finish. Coolangatta Gold on the body, and Acacia on the neck. I would really like to see a neck with the finishes on it to make a choice.

Thanks,

Greg

adam
27-10-2014, 10:26 AM
Hey AJ, I just saw your post. The T-Shirts are very generously sized. I'm quite a big lad (85kg) with a reasonably sized beer gut and I fit a Large size Pit Bull Guitars T-Shirt quite comfortably. So, unless you are ridiculously huge, the XL should be just right.

AJ
27-10-2014, 11:16 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from adam on October 26, 2014, 19:26
Hey AJ, I just saw your post. The T-Shirts are very generously sized. I'm quite a big lad (85kg) with a reasonably sized beer gut and I fit a Large size Pit Bull Guitars T-Shirt quite comfortably. So, unless you are ridiculously huge, the XL should be just right.

Since I am rather like a big old blue tongue lizard sunning on a nicely placed rock..(basically last 16 years had a sedentary style due to cardiomyopathy. I'm now quite "portly", could say I'm vertically challenged for my weight these days matey. height 6ft, weight well north of 100kg. would there be an XXL? If there is will get one :)

dingobass
27-10-2014, 12:10 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from ozzbike on October 26, 2014, 14:55

My thoughts were...PBH4 kit, DingoWax to fingerboard and overall finish. Coolangatta Gold on the body, and Acacia on the neck. I would really like to see a neck with the finishes on it to make a choice.

Thanks,

Greg

Hey Greg,

The Acacia is a darker golden yellow and the Bloodwood is amberish...
You can use the body colour on necks as well, all you need is the neck finish coat over the stain coat..

Note to self- DB, take more pics of the neck finishes!

ozzbike
27-10-2014, 08:56 PM
So DB, I could do a PBH-4 kit with Coolangatta Gold on the body and neck....and then just wipe the neck final coat over the top? That sounds cool.

But to get a more vintage amber tone...is the bloodwood a better option??? Just to break up all that gold/yellow a little. Is the Acacia a different yellow....like the TL vintage finish?

I am still amazed at the different tones a more natural finish can give you as opposed to paint or polyurethane. Looking forward to hear what dingotone can produce. What is the suggested maintenance on the finish? Just a regular wax and buff?

wokkaboy
28-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Hey Greg, sure you can put dingotone gold on the neck and clear neck coat over it.
Sounds like bloodwood a good amber option for the neck would look good. DB says the acacia is a darker golden yellow.
You can wipe the Dingotone wax finish over the neck/fingerboard and body and it smells great

ozzbike
28-10-2014, 02:35 AM
Thanks WOKK.

Yeah I think the Coolangatta Gold Body kit with the Bloodwood neck kit would a good combination. Now just have to get the dollars out of the family budget for a xmas pressie for me. This building thing is addictive. I can play BASS better than Rhythm or Lead so it appeals to make a guitar I will actually enjoy playing. Love the range here....think a stingray style may be next. :)

wokkaboy
28-10-2014, 03:17 AM
sounds good Greg and yes building axes is very addictive

dingobass
28-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Woks is right on the money, the Bloodwood will bounce off the Coolangatta Gold beautifully.
And yes, the Dingowax is perfect for the fingerboard and as a general extra protective coating on the body.