PDA

View Full Version : DK Intro

dave.king1
07-09-2014, 10:52 AM
G'day all,

I have put a couple of posts up so really should introduce myself before becoming a complete pest :)

First up I have finally retired after a life long career in telecommunications, in fact the 50th anniversary dinner to commemorate my years induction is on as I type and funnily enough this first year at college in 1964 was when I started to take playing seriously after putting a band together for an end of year concert.

Despite my primary instrument being bass my current influences are Redd Volkaert & Jerry Donahue.

Over the years the bands I have been in have played Shadows, Beatles, Hendrix / Cream, heavy rock, 70s Prog Rock and finally pretty much all forms of country with prog and country having a heavy emphasis on vocal harmony.

Instruments I have let go over the years include an L series Fender P Bass, 64 Fender VI bass, 59 Telecaster Custom, 61 SG Les Paul Custom. All of these escapees hurt a lot :(

Today in the quiver I have 70s Yamaha Bass with Fender HB pup ( no idea what model bass ), 76 Shergold Masquarader, 2010 Squier Mahogany Thinline, 64 Strat replica, Maton L202 + violin & Marina acoustic.

In build I have the Tele that I have introduced in the "non PB Forum" and a PBH-4 that I am still trying to finish in my mind.

For the PBH-4 the options are limited with the supplied pickguard and if I stick with it the bass will be Arctic White but I may do a different guard to open up the colour options a bit.

That's it for now I'm off to watch the F1 qualifying, thanks for reading the drivel :P

Edited to add: I live in Sutherland Shire which is nothing like that bloody horrible TV show

adam
07-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Welcome Dave, glad to have you on board.

gavinturner
07-09-2014, 10:22 PM
Welcome Dave. Great to have another New South Welshman in the crew!

cheers,
Gav.

dave.king1
08-09-2014, 02:34 AM
G'day Gav,

There is another Shire resident who just purchased a PB Thinline kit after I posted a bit about the PBH-4 in the Aussie forum on TDPRI so you and I are not the only ones