PDA

View Full Version : Whats your album of the noment?

ponch
31-08-2014, 02:20 AM
Hey guys. When I was in high school I was way up to date with bands and what albums were about to drop etc. Now I'm a bit older, and I'm sure it's the same as a lot of you guys, work and family life has become an important part of our lives which makes finding new bands to listen to a bit harder. Maybe we can shed some light on what's tickling our musical fancy and why.

For me it's Byron bay metal hippies in hearts wake, albums called earthwalker. Been flogging this album for a while now, especially in the kitchen at work the hour before we open. Gets you moving pretty quick. Not super heavy, great grooves and really catchy guitar lines and clean vocals.

Now to you guys, who are you moving to and why? Go!

vh2580
31-08-2014, 03:35 AM
At the moment Corroded - 11 shades of black as it caught my ear and is good to drive too ( which I do a hell of a lot of)

bargeloobs
31-08-2014, 03:52 AM
These two have been on pretty heavy rotation as of late.
http://i.imgur.com/Xfowtxs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AKhEBcK.jpg

pablopepper
31-08-2014, 04:30 AM
Two top choices there barge. I love both of those albums
Three of my favourites over the last year or so...

...Like Clockwork - QOTSA
Assymetry - Karnivool
Audio Guide To Happiness Vol 2 - Jolly

ponch
31-08-2014, 04:51 AM
Nice work guys, keep them coming. More metal heads here than first thought.

bargeloobs
31-08-2014, 05:14 AM
:D

Fretworn
31-08-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm currently waiting, with crossed legs, for my pre-order of the new Amplifier album "Mystoria" to arrive.

stan
31-08-2014, 09:49 PM
I am listening to something a bit more mainstream - Joe Bonamassa, Tour De Force, Live at Hammersmith. Awesome blues rock, great acoustic playing.

I tend to like the Latin stuff Santana does, but will listen to anything from classical to metal.

Still like the 80's stuff too like early Van Halen

Bass Guy
31-08-2014, 10:16 PM
I have been listening to the latest Opeth album "Pale Communion" virually non-stop. They're not metal anymore, they are Prog with a capital P.

ponch
01-09-2014, 12:46 AM
Barge I see what you did there haha.
Nice work guys, who's next? Good to see more genres covered. Nothing wrong with mainstream, especially Joe. Gun guitarist. I've been listening to a stack of brand new and paramore as well #hides from the metal army haha.