PDA

View Full Version : Hello

ozzbike
12-08-2014, 06:41 AM
I have ordered and await the arrival of a YB-4 kit. This will be my third build. Hopefully I am getting better.

The first one is still played every day. The second one is still under construction.

I am also looking at doing an SG style Guitar in the near future.

I had never even touched a musical instrument until January 2014. I am 51 and now have a house full of guitars, amps, leads and stuff. I live on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland....feeling over dressed today for winter....have thongs, shorts and a long sleeved T shirt on....have to lose the shirt I think.

So...hello. :)

wokkaboy
12-08-2014, 06:47 AM
welcome Greg, sounds like in 7 months you have aquired a lot of gear and axes !

what are the 2 kits you have previously built/working on ?

what are the plans for the YB-4 bass, colours etc ?

start a build diary when you get the new kit so we can all enjoy the journey

Brendan
12-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Welcome along Greg - great choice for a bass. Plenty of help around if you need it. Best of luck.

ozzbike
12-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Thanks guys,

The two previous kits have both been bass guitars. I built the first one for me as I was using Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 and you can play that as Lead, Rhythm, or Bass....and it will emulate a bass on the four fat strings of a guitar. So I thought why not buy a bass.....then I stumbled across a few kit sites....did the youtube thing and thought why not.

I was posting on Facebook and around as I progressed and my daughter, 28 at the end July 2014, decided that she would love to learn to play bass. I though....hmmm....I have enjoyed the building....maybe I can make her a bass as well.

I bought two kits from another place....Yamaha RBX style again....my first one was not so successful colour stain etc wise....but it gets played everyday....loving it.

The second one....is green stained and looks much better....nearly finished.

This one is for me. I am thinking about doing either a bright red stain with a wipe-on high gloss poly finish. Or, the young fellow here at home....13....wants me to do a dragon burst....and he reckons he could play it then.

Tossing up at the moment. I have ordered the full seven colour dye kit from U-Beaut and it is on the way.

ozzbike
12-08-2014, 10:41 PM
OOH sorry...build diary is started. :)