PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

iandy
10-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Apologies. My ES-3 kit came in early this week but I was down with a virus and in no shape to say hi. So, a late hello from Colorado.

This is certainly an interesting kit. It has a hollow, acoustic jazz box look but the only bracing inside the body is a big block of wood running from the top to bottom plate right under the bridge position. So when you tap the body you get more of a "thunk" than an active tap tone and the plates aren't vibrating much at all. But, given the lack of other bracing, it's likely good. It's certainly better than a collapsed top. So, I'll just expect this to be a hollow-body electric rather than the archtop that it looks like. I'm sure there will be less feedback this way, anyway.

The kit looks pretty good. The neck tenon is pretty tight. They did all the carving for the tenon off one side of the neck. I would never have thought of that.

There's one large scratch on one of the sides that took off some of the binding. Not really a big deal. I'm not particularly interested in pristine anyway. This is all a learning experience and I've always liked guitars with character.

So, thanks to you guys for making these kits available and for shipping mine so quickly. I'm looking forward to getting started just as soon as I kick this bug. Best to you! :)

lawry
11-08-2014, 02:19 AM
Welcome man. Glad to see another build of this model going ahead. Sounds like you've already given it a thorough once over and worked out a plan of attack. Once you're feeling better and in the mood to build please post lots of pics and details. Looking forward to it.
Cheers,
Lawry.

Fretworn
11-08-2014, 05:33 AM
Welcome iandy!

iandy
11-08-2014, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I went ahead and started a build thread:

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/community/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1451.0#postid-27457

wokkaboy
12-08-2014, 02:41 AM
welcome to the forum Andy, will check out your build diary

stan
12-08-2014, 02:46 AM
welcome to the addiction mate !