PDA

View Full Version : Gday from South East Melbourne

mike
07-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Hi guys,

I started posting in the build diary already, and then realised just now that I should probably post something here haha.
My name's Michael, I'm 20 years old and live in the south east suburbs of Melbourne. I play in a band called Turn South and you can check out our EP in the links in my little signature thingy below.
I also run a home recording studio and will be studio audio engineering at uni next year.

My first build is the JM-1, which I haven't seen many people build thus far! So I'm pretty excited to be one of the few who has. I'll be sure to post a demo of it once it's completed. You can check out my build diary as well, which should be over there under custom JM-1 build or something like that.
I'm customising it as a tribute to one of my favourite bands 'La Dispute', who I strongly recommend you all check out. They're a bit different, and you have to listen to them not expecting any genre conformity, but the way they tell stories with their music is unbelievable.
So yeah, that's what's going on in my world. So stoked to be on the Pitbull guitars bandwagon and hopefully I'll be on it for quite some time building even more guitars!

Looking forward to talking to you all,

Cheers.

Mike
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/874o0-10410624_468067463325253_3207815096166305834_n.jpg

adam
07-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Hey Mike, welcome to the Pit Bull Guitars family. You've picked a really nice kit to start with, one of my personal faves. In fact, it was a Jaguar style kit, purchased from a now defunct Australian company, that started this little business.

One of my favourite guitars to play is the JM-1 that our Luthier in residence (Dingobass) built. It is so nicely balanced and it looks so amazing. Here's a few photos.

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/h36bk-JB-1-Sunday-Special.jpg

mike
07-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Thanks Adam :)
That's actually kind of cool, knowing that I've purchased something that has such close ties with the company's establishment.
I saw pictures of Dingobass' JM-1 floating around and loved it! Definitely made me set my mind on it.
I like how niche the Jaguars are, how you don't see them played by as many artists as you do LPs, Teles, or Strats, and that you can really make them your own and know that what you're doing with it has probably never been tried before.
Itching to get it finished so I can show it off at a gig!

lawry
09-08-2014, 08:10 AM
Hey Mike. Welcome to the madhouse! I've built one of these and it turned out brilliantly. It has a definite tone of its own and is such a cool looking axe. Really looking forward to seeing how you do the livery on yours!
Cheers.

mike
18-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Hi Lawry, thanks for the welcome and sorry for the slack reply! You probably saw in one of the other threads that I haven't had internet all week, so hoping to be more active on the forum this week as I make a bit more progress!
They're absolutely fantastic looking guitars, and I'm dying to see mine finished! Definitely a shape I've always wanted, so now that I'm building one, it's like I'm living a dream haha

wokkaboy
19-08-2014, 01:00 AM
Hey Mike,
I love your white JM looks great with the red pickguard, should be an awesome axe when its finished !

keloooe
20-08-2014, 04:51 AM
Hey Mike, welcome to the forum! Just heard some songs from your band, sounds pretty good!
I'm also in the SE burbs, hope to see your band grow!

stan
20-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Welcome to the addictive madness, Mike

mike
25-08-2014, 01:38 AM
Thanks kelooe :) And thanks a heap for checking out my band! Glad you like us haha. Great to hear of someone else from down here!
Cheers Stan! Stoked to be part of such an awesome online community!