PDA

View Full Version : Turn South Gig - Sunday August 10!

mike
07-08-2014, 05:32 AM
Hi guys, my band Turn South are playing at this awesome gig at Dropout in Yarraville, Melbourne, /</p>[]</p>/THIS SUNDAY! We play our own blend of 90s emo and punk, with a bit of grunge. You can check out our music at http://turnsouth.bandcamp.com
The EP is available for free download/pay what you wish, so if you like what you hear, please give us even a single dollar for the EP. Even if you don't want to pay, just spreading our music or chucking us a like on facebook at www.facebook.com/turnsouth would be just as rad!
I actually recorded the EP in my little home studio, and all our hardcopies of our EP are all made by us! We like to keep everything personal and add a little handmade touch to everything (very punk).

Anyways, would be great to see some people come down and check out some great live bands, and if you do come on down, be sure to say hello! I'll be the one playing guitar for Turn South, most likely in a Title Fight or Basement T-shirt or hoodie haha.

Thanks!!
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/55h3a-10517535_606635342783243_5007710330612424158_n.jpg

wokkaboy
07-08-2014, 05:48 AM
good stuff Mike, best of luck with the gig and you are building the white JM-1 ?
I'll check out your facebook page, hopefully find some videos of your band.
Good work doing all the recording and making the EP CD's !
I'd come to the gig but I live in the wild west !

mike
07-08-2014, 06:29 AM
Cheers wokka, yeah I'm building the JM-1. Wish I could have it done by the gig, but that's not going to happen haha
And thanks for checking us out! Means a lot!
Haha, well maybe one day we'll get big enough to tour over in WA!

stan
08-08-2014, 12:58 AM
Hey Mike have a top gig, cant get there , but all the best

mike
08-08-2014, 01:11 AM
Cheers Stan :) I'll let everyone know how it goes Sunday night!

wokkaboy
12-08-2014, 06:06 AM
how did the gig go yesterday Mike, good turn out ?

keloooe
14-08-2014, 03:35 AM
Aw bugger, that Sunday I was totally free!!!

Anyway, you guys sound awesome!

mike
18-08-2014, 11:55 AM
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been very active the past week. I moved out of my parents place last weekend (hectic with the gig!) and didn't get my internet setup til yesterday!
The gig was absolutely mad! We actually ended up with the most payers, which was really surprising considering we were the smallest (and opening!) band for the show. Really good response and sold a bit of merch as well which is always a bonus!
Keloooe you missed out on a killer show! Haha. But thanks :)