PDA

View Full Version : IB-7 Wiring Issues

JR8
27-07-2014, 07:20 AM
Hey, To whomever reads this, I'm building the Ibanez 7-string and I'm having a few problems with the wiring, it's mainly down to the holes for the volume pot and 3-way-switch are not directly linked,meaning that with the pick-ups due to the way the diagram is, the pick-up cables will have to be split down the middle almost all the way so that they both reach where they're supposed to be, my concern is if the bare wires touch each other due to them going though the same holes it wouldn't be good at all,So if anyone's done the IB-7 before and has any advice about the wiring that would be great :)
Cheers

ultpanzi
27-07-2014, 07:32 AM
I havent done the IB-7 (yet, got a custom on the way) but if you wire up the bare of the pickups to the ground of the 3 way then you dont need to split the wires. Bare wires touching bare wires dont matter cos theyre all getting grounded anyways. Bare wires touching hot lugs or exposed parts of hot wires IS a problem though. But yeahh, hook up the bare pickup wires to the ground lug of the three way and then send a wire from that to the back of your volume pot back through the pup cavity into the volume control cavity.