PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Northern Cali in USA

Michael Icefire
23-07-2014, 04:28 AM
Hey all, I go by Michael Icefire, have been a bass player for a long time, used to live down in the madness that is LA, now live way up in Humboldt in the peaceful redwood forest. Have played in a few metal bands over the years, but never built a guitar or bass. Pit Bull looks to be the right kind of place, so as soon as I figure out exactly what I want to build, will soon be underway. Right now I'm leaning toward a IB-5 with spalted top, and s flame inlay neck...but I want to carve the body like a regular IB-5....so, this may change. So if I ask in your threads, don't mind me, I'm just thinking about my options here...thanks.
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/8sy64-image.jpg

wokkaboy
23-07-2014, 05:45 AM
welcome Michael good to have another future US builder. I like your plans for the IB-5 bass. It will be a special order with a spalted maple cap. The 6 string IB-6 comes standard with a spalted cap. I've build both models and they are both fantastic basses and fun to play.
Look forward to seeing a build diary and ask as many questions as you like - the forum is here to help

kells80aus
23-07-2014, 07:46 AM
Yeah,Giday Mick :D welcome to the Frey. There are plenty of kits to choose from I'm sure you'll enjoy the ride in the Pitbull Guitars Man shed.

Cheers PK
Melb

lawry
23-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Hi from me to, Mick. Can guarantee you'll love making you own bass. I haven't done an IB-5 but my IB-6 with the spalted cap has become my 'go to' weapon of choice. Really keen to see how yours turns out cos I like the sound of your plans.

stan
23-07-2014, 08:42 AM
sounds great Michael, we are all here to help, enjoy the forum madness

Brendan
23-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Welcome along Michael - IB-5's look pretty special in ash as they are, but a spalted cap would be fantastic as well... Either way, you can't lose!

gavinturner
26-07-2014, 05:27 AM
G'day Michael - welcome to the PBG clan! Whichever bass you choose, you are going to love building it yourself. It will just be the start of your burgeoning collection. This is a highly addictive hobby! Great to see another of our brothers from across the Pacific joining the fray! Looking forward to reading all about your build.

cheers,
Gav.