PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, new here and anxious to build my first bass!!

rjmccants
07-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Hi there, greetings from Carrollton, MI! Just wanted to get to know folks on here, and I'm looking to order my first 6 string bass to put together! Any tips, tricks , and hints will be appreciated! Thanks again!!!

gavinturner
07-07-2014, 11:58 PM
Welcome to the PBG community!

I'm sure you are going to love your 6-string, and really enjoy your build. The best way to get suggestions and hints is to start a build diary and keep everyone up to date with your journey. We all enjoy reading about and contributing to, other peoples builds almost as much as our own :). Have fun and keep us posted!

cheers,
Gav.

pablopepper
08-07-2014, 12:06 AM
Hi! No need to be anxious, there is plenty of help and info available here. As Gav has said, a build diary is a great way to keep everyone updated on how you are going and the perfect format to ask all the questions you need. Do some research, take your time and have fun!

lawry
08-07-2014, 01:57 AM
Hi man.
Be not anxious for you have embarked on the path most righteous. OK, that was a bit over the top, but welcome nonetheless.
There are a few of us who have built the IB-6S so you should have all uncertainties covered. Especially with DB (the king of bassy goodness) always ready to help out. Enjoy your build and please keep us up to date with lots of pics.
Cheers,
Lawry

Fretworn
08-07-2014, 02:11 AM
Welcome!

Dengreg
08-07-2014, 09:14 AM
Welcome to the madness. This is one of the best forums going with heaps of help and encouragement.

stan
08-07-2014, 09:26 AM
welcome and enjoy, don't forget a build thread

Gavin1393
08-07-2014, 01:12 PM
take a look at the comprehensive thread here. This should help you immensely to get rid of the nerves!

Welcome to our forum!

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/community/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=302

rjmccants
08-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Thanks everyone! You've given me the courage to begin my first build, so I've placed my order! 2 months is a long time to wait, but I'm gonna love it!!! Can't wait to have all of you help!

Brendan
09-07-2014, 12:19 PM
The 6 string basses come out pretty special. Good luck - it should be a whole lotta fun!