PDA

View Full Version : Finally got to see Jeff Lang perform live last night

Fretworn
28-06-2014, 10:58 PM
I've liked Jeff Lang's playing for decades. He's one of those guys I wanted to see play since he was a long haired shredder playing the Bridge Hotel at Balmain back in the 1990's. Finally got to see him at The Basement in Sydney last night. WOW 8O ! Freaking amazing. His speed and agility playing a Weissenborn-style acoustic lapsteel are superhuman. And his acoustic guitar playing was equally astonishing. His songs have always been great, but seeing the skill he uses to play them has left wondering whether I should pack it in and take up lead electric triangle.

Guitarwise he mostly played the aforementioned acoustic guitar and acoustic lap steel (both with a soundhole pickup and some sort of slim bridge humbucker stuck to the soundboard. He also played slide on a LP-style with a two P90s and a biscuit -resonator. And this electric saz (sazocaster, stratosaz?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWVg4oU7n0I

DanMade
29-06-2014, 08:13 AM
Would of loved to be there man. I've seen him a handful of times before. Jeff is much better appreciated live, he is one of my guitar hero's and the biggest influence in my formative years of playing.

Not that I can play any where near is standard.

His new band would of been a treat too.

dingobass
30-06-2014, 01:11 PM
Aaaaaah, JL....
Waaaaaay back in the early 90's when I was at Art School JL used to regulary gig at one of the local pubs..
Just JL, Acoustic Guitar and his home made stomp box... Freaking awesome!

And he had a lot more hair then too ;)