PDA

View Full Version : whats your brand?

ponch
17-06-2014, 03:24 AM
Hey guys, I'm neck deep in my first build and it's come to me attention a guitar with no headstock brand just isn't cool. But I need your help! What did you name yours, and how did you come up with it? I'm thinking walkertone in a cream Danelectro type retro font but a little unsure how it'd look on an ex headstock.

WeirdBits
17-06-2014, 03:35 AM
Take a pic of your headstock, preferably with the tuners sitting in place, colour it up in a paint program to match your finish, then try out some different virtual logo designs to see what works.

bargeloobs
17-06-2014, 04:20 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from WeirdBits on June 16, 2014, 12:35
Take a pic of your headstock, preferably with the tuners sitting in place, colour it up in a paint program to match your finish, then try out some different virtual logo designs to see what works.

Yeah this...

Here's a random Ex headstock with a rough outline of your idea as an example but obviously using Photoshop or something similar you can play with it until it's 100% to your liking.

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/r4v1n-headstock-copy.jpg

ponch
17-06-2014, 04:26 AM
Gotta be honest, that looks kinda cool.

ponch
17-06-2014, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the help guys. Now I just have to find where to get that printed. Last resort will be vinyl but I'd love to find somewhere who does the decals

bargeloobs
17-06-2014, 04:46 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from andrew on June 16, 2014, 13:26
Gotta be honest, that looks kinda cool.

Yeah I like it, you can't go wrong with those 50's retro looking fonts, especially incorporating the word "tone" into it. It's a winner.

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/7450x-Walkertone-Logo.png

ponch
17-06-2014, 04:49 AM
Thanks so much guys. Was a bit worried about the retro look on a metal axe but I think it'll suit just fine. Any ideas where I can get it printed?

wokkaboy
17-06-2014, 04:53 AM
Andrew, send Andyport from the forum an email he prints great logos

citysigns@internode.on.net

TheDangerMan
17-06-2014, 04:55 AM
Hey Andrew,

If you're after someone to get a decal printed, Andyport does them. He is a forum member and his email is - citysigns@internode.on.net
He helped me with mine and he is pretty good on the ol' decal design!

:)

bargeloobs
17-06-2014, 04:58 AM
/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from andrew on June 16, 2014, 13:35
Thanks for the help guys. Now I just have to find where to get that printed. Last resort will be vinyl but I'd love to find somewhere who does the decals

I used this guy based in the U.S

http://gwsdecals.com/

He can print waterslide decals in whites and metallics and his prices are the best I've found anywhere ($13 for two headstock decals delivered)and the print was superb.

On the downside...
you could be waiting around 3 weeks for delivery.
I tested one decal with an enamel clear and it didn't play nice at all and it pretty much ate it.
To be honest the one I covered in nitro started looking like it was gonna do the same thing but luckily I managed to salvage it.
Best thing is to use acrylics as recommended and you shouldn't have an issue.

ponch
17-06-2014, 04:58 AM
Ok great guys. I read he doesn't have a printer to do whites though. I wonder if cream would be different.

ponch
17-06-2014, 05:02 AM
Cheers, just shot Andy an email and I'll check out that US site. Thanks again lads.

ponch
17-06-2014, 05:12 AM
Emailed the gws fella as well. Hopefully between the two something will come through. Not too worried about it taking a while. Waiting on parts from America anyway so it won't be ready for a bit.

Gavin1393
17-06-2014, 01:52 PM
I can certainly endorse Andyport.....not that he needs my endorsement. His 4 Guitar of the month awards speak volumes about the quality of his work.

ponch
17-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Thanks gav. Unfortunately he is unable to do whites and white based colours like cream.

Scott J.
30-06-2014, 03:06 AM
Hi Andrew

This Sydney-based company ...

http://www.decalpaper.com.au/

... not only sell decal paper for both inkjet and laser printers, they'll also print your decals up for you.

Most half-decent laser printers can manage printing white - so if you know someone with one, you can order the laser decal paper and do your own ... or ...

... like me, I got them to print mine up for me - for an A4 page I think it was an $10 ... I just a filled an A4 size sheet with as many logos as I could (I got about 30 decals per page - different sizes and styles) and then sent them the file, they printed it and then mailed it to me ... I did mine in CorelDraw and sent them the .cdr file (but depending upon your logo, it might be just as easily done in MS Word!)

ponch
30-06-2014, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I ended up using a guy in the states. He charged $25 for 3 decals so from now on I think I'll stick to your guy. Cheers