PDA

View Full Version : Greeting from Sydney and thanks for a great kit (Beatles Bass HB-4S with Spalted Maple)

tommycng
16-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Hi all, this is my first post to this community. Looking at the posts I can see this is an active and congenial community. I look forward to the interaction with other fellow luthiers!

I bought the HB-4S 2 weeks ago and have been building it since day 1. The excitement was too much, so much so that I neglected starting a build thread. I will do a retrospective build diary soon.

The HB-4S was built in conjunction my younger son who shown an interest in the bass. My older son now wants to build a Stratocaster with me and so I have ordered a ST-1. Look forward to starting that project once I have the HB-4S sorted.

stan
16-06-2014, 10:54 PM
Welcome Tommy, lots of family teams here.
Looking forward to seeing your build threads and having you here

Fretworn
17-06-2014, 02:30 AM
Welcome Tommy.

gavinturner
17-06-2014, 04:35 AM
Welcome Tommy,
I also built a kit with my 10 year old son and we had a blast. Great to have you aboard, and looking forward to reading the build threads.

cheers,
Gav.

Brendan
17-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Welcome along Tommy and Cruë. HB-4's look spectacular, so you should get a cracker of a bass out if it... The ST's are also a great starter kit, so best of luck with the two builds!

tommycng
17-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Hi Guys, thanks for the warm welcome! It is great to be part of this community. I have posted my first build here: http://www.pitbullguitars.com/community/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1322