PDA

View Full Version : YB-4 electronics wiring?

JensenGuitar
13-06-2014, 10:12 AM
Hey again, I just had a look at the wiring diagram for the YB-4 ( http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/pdf/PBG-YB-4.pdf ), and i got very confused, there are 3 pots, one a500k and 2 b500k's that came with the kit. But the diagram says they should all be 250k, is this right? Also, the diagram doesn't make much sense (to me at least, as Im not very knowledgeable about this subject). Can someone please help me out?
Cheers

Gavin1393
13-06-2014, 10:31 AM
They should all be 250K pots...

The diagrams are very simply laid out. If you still aren't sure, perhaps you should try and find someone in your area who can guide you with your first experience.
Soldering is an art form and if you have no experience it is very easy to get a 'dry joint' or to double ground your guitar and it will be very difficult to figure out what is wrong. Even the most experienced amongst us still make the odd gaff!
If you don't have someone who can assist you try and learn a bit from Youtube and if you follow our video section we do have information on soldering.

Gavin1393
13-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Oh, and the 500k pots are fine to use, many factory Basses come standard with 500k pots, we recommend the 250k as these pots remove a bit more of the high tones from the guitar.

WeirdBits
13-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Use the A500 for the tone and the two B's for the volumes. Remember the diagram is showing the pots from the back, so make sure you match up the lugs correctly on your pots. Red spots are the solder points. For the ground wire connections on the back of the pots (purple earth wire on diagram), just give the pots a bit of a scratch or rub with sandpaper to ensure you can get a good solder connection.

If you are unsure about soldering I'd suggest watching a vid or two on YouTube first, as over-heating things while trying to solder can potentially cook components.