PDA

View Full Version : YB-4 bass bridge placement?

JensenGuitar
11-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Hello, I just got my first bass guitar kit (YB-4) (this is also my first time building a guitar). I am very confused as to where to place the bridge. Any help will be very useful.

Cheers

ultpanzi
11-06-2014, 10:08 PM
Measure from the nut to the 12th fret. Take this distance and measure it out from the 12th fret. This is your scale length. Youre going to need to adjust the saddles so place your bridge so that when the saddles are wound fully forward youre a few mm closer to the nut from that line so you can adjust them backwards to get perfect intonation. You could always use the stewmac calculator to work it out precisely but Im more in favour of the hit and miss cos it gives a little character.

dingobass
11-06-2014, 10:37 PM
The best thing to do is to read through the how to build your guitar thread :)

There is an in depth explanation on how to get your bridge in exactly the right place....

I did do a photo demo on Bass but i cant seem to find it.... Brendan, where is it? 8-)

dingobass
11-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Here 'tis!
This should make it really easy :)

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/community/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=280.1

gavinturner
12-06-2014, 01:20 AM
Awesome mini-article DB. I was going to suggest the stewmac fret position calculator, but it looks like they've "updated" it and removed the bridge position calculation :(.

cheers,
Gav.

JensenGuitar
12-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Thank you all for the help. It will come in very use full.