PDA

View Full Version : Neckthrough Guitar goodness.. Little bro for the Bass.

dingobass
10-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Seems only natural to follow up on the Neckthrough Bass with a Neckthrough Guitar.

This time, I am going to take you through the build in more depth.
There will be new techniques, design tweaks and the oppourtunity to see one of my "build on the fly" creations.

Also, there will be a few quizzes along the way, some I have planned and others that may arise from your questions.
The first correct answer will recieve a tub of Dingotone Guitar wax and I will donate the value of the prize to Durong Wildlife Sanctuary to go towards the Dingo preservation work being done there.

At the end of the build, all those who won the quizzes will go into the draw for the chance to win the grand prize...
The nature of this prize will be revealed on the day of the draw :)

So, sit back and watch the fun unfold... feel free to comment, throw sticks at or ask questions..

First up I start with three off cuts, two Makore and one Iroko.
These will make the neck.
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/56odx-IMG_2907.JPG
These are glued together with Titebond and then run through the machines to square everything up.
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/4euj5-IMG_2908.JPG
Now ready for the next step in the process of making the neck.
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/t4q93-IMG_2909.JPG

wokkaboy
10-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Sweet DB. Can't wait to see this baby evolve. Will be trying to win a prize. Is the main prize a life ban from the naughty room? Also keen to see your new fret saw jig!

Gavin1393
10-06-2014, 01:13 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from wokkaboy on June 9, 2014, 22:05
Sweet DB. Can't wait to see this baby evolve. Will be trying to win a prize. Is the main prize a life ban from the naughty room? Also keen to see your new fret saw jig!

Pull the other leg Wokka! Putting DB in the same sentance as the words 'your new fret saw' makes no sense to me at all. 'New fret pliers' i get, but fret saw......???

dingobass
10-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Sad but true, Gav.....
I still have yet to convince Guitar players that frets are wrong so I got a nice shiney new Stewmac Mitre fret saw set up... Makes speed hump installing almost as fun as ripping 'em out :)

gavinturner
10-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Awesome DB! Can't wait for this thread to unfold. If she comes out anywhere near the bass she'll be a beut. Hope you've got some guitar wax with my name on it :).

cheers,
Gav.

DanMade
10-06-2014, 09:30 PM
Cool. I can't wait to see this one unfold.

I swear the only reason you love your Fretless builds so much DB, is because you don't have the tedious task of installing and polishing all the frets. Guinius if you ask me. ;)

bargeloobs
10-06-2014, 09:44 PM
What's the overall length of these pieces DB and do you plan on having an angled headstock or straight?

dingobass
10-06-2014, 10:06 PM
@Dan, Fretless Bass just sounds soooo much better!, it allows for more nuance in your playing.
The only thing you have to watch is that you can get into the habit of sliding into every note :)
There are a few fretless Guitars out there, the whackiest one I have come across has a glass finger board!
However, this build will have frets......

There is a video somewhere of our very own Bassguy ripping it up on my fretless Tele Bass, will try to dig it out. The guy is a mighty fine player of the Bass!

@Bargie: Overall length of timber is 1mtr and yep, angled headstock on this one too.

This brings us to our first quizz question...

What process is the device that the neck blank is sitting on used for?...

gavinturner
10-06-2014, 10:30 PM
Joining/gluing the body pieces to the neck through?

cheers,
Gav.

gavinturner
10-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Rough shaping the neck curvature?

cheers,
Gav.

gavinturner
10-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Routing the side of the neck to the correct thickness?

cheers,
Gav.

dingobass
10-06-2014, 10:53 PM
@ Gav: Sorry, no.... :)

bargeloobs
10-06-2014, 11:27 PM
Is there any chance of seeing the "device" without the blank sitting on top?
Just for the record I'm only using this thread as a learning tool, any chance of a correct answer out of me would be very slim because frankly... I don't know!

DanMade
11-06-2014, 12:16 AM
Is it used to true up the neck blank?

DanMade
11-06-2014, 12:17 AM
Or you just talking about the bench vice used for the process of holding things. :)

gavinturner
11-06-2014, 12:21 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from bargeloobs on June 10, 2014, 08:27
Just for the record I'm only using this thread as a learning tool, any chance of a correct answer out of me would be very slim because frankly... I don't know!

Don't worry Barge - you are in good company! ;)

cheers,
Gav.

gavinturner
11-06-2014, 12:25 AM
Holding the neck for thicknessing / jointing ?

cheers,
Gav.

wokkaboy
11-06-2014, 12:39 AM
its hard to see the device DB but I agree with Dan presume its a flat piece of wood to true the bottom surface of the 3 neck pieces while the glue dries. If we are all still wrong can you please post a photo of it ?

gavinturner
11-06-2014, 01:03 AM
Routing the truss rod cavity?

cheers,
Gav.

wokkaboy
11-06-2014, 01:15 AM
Gav is having a red hot crack at the quiz, you must be keen for some axe wax mate ! The edges of the neck blank are parallel so shouldn't need a jig to route the truss rod cavity.
DB always does the truss rod route first thing, then cuts/routes the shape of the neck

gavinturner
11-06-2014, 01:26 AM
I have no hope in hell of answering correctly. Hence I'm shooting for a participation award ;).

cheers,
Gav.

bargeloobs
11-06-2014, 01:36 AM
It almost appears in the pic as if the right angle bracket thingys stuck to the outside edge are sitting slightly proud of the timber (but this may just be an illusion created by the rolled edge on the front side) which makes me think it may help facilitate the drying or settling process somehow, but then again the drying should have been done on the clamps so...yeah...naa...I don't know:P

bargeloobs
11-06-2014, 01:37 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from gavinturner on June 10, 2014, 10:26
I'm shooting for a participation award ;).

Hehe, you've already won mate!!

dingobass
11-06-2014, 01:52 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from DanMade on June 10, 2014, 09:16
Is it used to true up the neck blank?

Very close!
There is a clue in the alignment of the angle irons.....

gavinturner
11-06-2014, 02:14 AM
The irons are positioned to give you a quick guide as to fretboard placement?

cheers,
Gav.

gavinturner
11-06-2014, 02:46 AM
The first iron shows the position of the nut. The last one the position of the bridge. You can mark them off easily in this configuration prior to later wood assembly..? (I guess the middle one would then be the end of the fretboard?)

cheers,
Gav.

ultpanzi
11-06-2014, 03:17 AM
Not sure which jig youre talking about, but the red one in the last photo is a Stewmac repeair vise and can be used for just about everything, so I dont think Im talking about the right jig.

wokkaboy
11-06-2014, 03:20 AM
are the angle irons slightly angled so the neck face has a radius ? Its hard to see in the photo DB
This doesn't make sense as you have to glue a flat fingerboard to the surface

dingobass
11-06-2014, 03:55 AM
Dan is on the right track....

wokkaboy
11-06-2014, 04:12 AM
the neck blank looks aligned with the angle irons so you know the edges are parallel along the whole length of the blank once its glued?

gavinturner
11-06-2014, 04:39 AM
Each of the three angle irons provide a place for the neck blank to rest on with a gap between them. You can look at how the neck sits on each of these rests and see if the neck is completely straight on the resting side or whether there is a slight bow somewhere that needs to be taken care of. You can also see the gap produced by the neck blank and the wood underneath in the "gaps", and measure this distance to check consistency?

cheers,
Gav.

DanMade
11-06-2014, 04:55 AM
Umm. Is it a straight edge. / support to hold the blank while you plane the face. Helps stop the timber from Flexing aswell as allows you access around the neck. The Ali angle is for stability and for fixing screws.

gavinturner
11-06-2014, 05:05 AM
I think Dan has it :). But would you want to fix screws into the underside if it is a neck through?

cheers,
Gav.

wokkaboy
11-06-2014, 05:22 AM
Gav any screw holes on the face will be hidden with the fingerboard glued ontop of it.
DB certainly has asked a curly quiz question to start off ! hope quiz #2 is easier !

keloooe
11-06-2014, 05:43 AM
I reckon this axe is a Firebird :D

wokkaboy
11-06-2014, 05:52 AM
nah Pest I'd say it will be a similar shape and mix of wood colours to the big bro neck through bass

gavinturner
11-06-2014, 06:12 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from wokkaboy on June 10, 2014, 14:22
Gav any screw holes on the face will be hidden with the fingerboard glued ontop of it.

Agreed Wokka, but since this is a neck through, surely this will only be true at one end and the middle of the neck? The angled rests are at both ends!

cheers,
Gav.

wokkaboy
11-06-2014, 06:22 AM
yer not sure Gav, I've never seen these angle irons at the DB man cave so its all new to me. You are only 3 posts off 1000 posts Gav, do you get a new tag after 1000 posts ?

lawry
11-06-2014, 08:34 AM
I reckon the real purpose is to hit people over the head if they get too close to guessing it's true purpose!

dingobass
11-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Aaaaaaand the winner is....... Lawry!...
Nah, just kidding around :) But Lawry does get a bonus prize for the funniest answer! ( email me your address Lawry and I will send you a tub of Dingotone Guitar wax :). dingobass@pitbullguitars.com )

Dan is still the closest, but the device is not for planing the fret board face, rather it is for running through the drum sander...
Now all I need to know is why would I run the blank through the drum sander on this seemingly wierd angle?

Brendan
11-06-2014, 12:28 PM
DB - you're going to want a dead flat base to glue your fretboard to. Necks have a gentle angle along their length, so I'm guessing the jig is to give you that angle as you run it through the drum sander?

Brendan
11-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Quick guess diagram???
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/2l5x0-Guess-at-neck-jig.jpg

Brendan
11-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Second try - we're dealing with a neck through here, so part of the neck will be in the body. To retain the angle and have some of the neck in the body, given that cutting it later will be a pain, if DB uses the jig, the drum sander will have a nice, flat surface to work on, that will be nice and supported as it goes through the sander.
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/fq1id-Guess-at-neck-jig.jpg

dingobass
11-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Ok, now this is awkward.....
Dan was on the right path, Brendan has answered correctly so two winners it is!
email me your postal address and I will send out a Dingotone Guitar wax out to you both.
dingobass@pitbullguitars.com

dingobass
11-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Oh, and it was the second diagram that is the closest....

Brendan
11-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Yep - did the first then the penny dropped. Watching with intense interest... Just made a small acquisition that may go towards my first scratchy later this year...

DanMade
11-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Ahh, very neat little jig DB.
I wasn't thinking along the lines of a drum sander jig though. That's a great way to create an accurate neck break angle.

What degree do you make your neck angle? I'm guessing about 7*.

bargeloobs
11-06-2014, 08:58 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from Brendan on June 10, 2014, 21:44
Second try - we're dealing with a neck through here, so part of the neck will be in the body. To retain the angle and have some of the neck in the body, given that cutting it later will be a pain, if DB uses the jig, the drum sander will have a nice, flat surface to work on, that will be nice and supported as it goes through the sander.
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/fq1id-Guess-at-neck-jig.jpg

Man you must excuse my absolute ignorance here, here's me thinking you'd just need a dead flat piece of timber that ran the entire length of the guitar and would be parallel to the strings. Now you're talking about "angle" but no one has actually said how much "angle", also you say here Brendan "part of the neck will be in the body' well wouldn't all of the neck be in the body... what am I missing?
This has suddenly gone from "I'd love to try this" to "there's no way this is possible at home".
Also just to put the icing on my confusion, I can understand having this "angle" on the neck to compensate for the bridge height (also not mentioned) but in the above diagram it seems to me like the angle is running the wrong way from the body.
I might come back once I've decked out a workshop with 10K's worth of gear and finished my degree in trigonometry:P

DanMade
11-06-2014, 09:58 PM
There's always a work around Bargie, this process could be done a number of ways. DB's method with a drum sander is probably the most efficient and accurate. But you could do this a number of ways. Cut the angle with a band saw/ hand saw then plane or sand flat.

If you look at Brendan's diagram, the top line of the diagram is the back of the guitar. The bottom line is the face. So if you flip it over it will be at the proper angle.

The "Part" of the neck in the body will be where the body "wings" attach. I think you maybe looking at it from the wrong perspective. I'm sure as the build progresses all will become clear.

lawry
12-06-2014, 10:19 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from dingobass on June 10, 2014, 20:33
Aaaaaaand the winner is....... Lawry!...
Nah, just kidding around :) But Lawry does get a bonus prize for the funniest answer! ( email me your address Lawry and I will send you a tub of Dingotone Guitar wax :). dingobass@pitbullguitars.com )

Dan is still the closest, but the device is not for planing the fret board face, rather it is for running through the drum sander...
Now all I need to know is why would I run the blank through the drum sander on this seemingly wierd angle?

Wow. Thanks DB. And people told me being a smart arse would get me nowhere. This may be the 'wooden spoon' of the challenge. But at least it's a spoon. Woohoo!

Brendan
12-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Barge - sorry for the confusion. I'll put it down to my not having the right woodworking / luthier terminology to put across what I was meaning...

The diagram was a quick (30 second) mockup in Paint.net so all the angles, etc were very exaggerated. That said. Taking a quick eyeball measurement from the heel of the neck on an SG I've got here, before the heel of the neck curve where the neck joins the body, it's 3cm from the base of the neck to the bottom of the fretboard. At the nut, it's 2cm, so the angle is stuff all, but still there. If you took the neck as a whole - given DB is building a set neck guitar, it will be significantly thicker at the body than at the nut.

I've tried to redo the diagram as if it was a guitar looking at it as if it was laying flat on a table and you were looking at it from the bit that would sit on your knee as you played it. Bear in mind there is no scale here - it's all just plonked onto a diagram, but hopefully it gives the idea. In reality, there will be a whole lot more shape, the headstock will probably be at a slight angle to the neck, etc., but given DB is just doing the bulk shaping at this stage, there's many more updates to come!

In terms of doability at home - I think DB is showing that it can be done - his first scratchy was done with very few (if any) powertools and a lot of elbow grease. What DB's doing here is showing some short cuts that will reduce the elbow grease component with some snazzy jigs and the like. If you don't have access to the tools / jigs, etc, it's still doable, just harder. Hope that helps, but as mentioned, watch this thread and I think it'll all make sense in the end. After all, we're all basking in the learnings of Guru DB! :)
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/lf9v4-Guess-at-neck-jig-pt-2.jpg

dingobass
12-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Brendan, you are really close to it.
Just reverse the yellow bit to get the break angle and that is exactly what I am on about...
Check out any of our set neck g type kits and you will see what I am on about :)

dingobass
12-06-2014, 01:44 PM
OH, Dan, send me your post address so I can get your prize out to you :)
dingobass@pitbullguitars.com

Brendan
12-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Aaahaa now I get it - with a high bridge, by putting a little angle on the neck (break angle) the strings are held in a better alignment with the fretboard and a whole lot more playable. Just going with the defaults on the website below, it looks like the angle is something like 5 degrees or something really small like that.

Nice pickup Dan!

Diagram follows DB's feedback, I've left the words on to keep that part constant. Ignore the diagram from my previous post - it's wrong... Also bear in mind the angles and dimensions are way off.

More info here:
http://www.tundraman.com/Guitars/NeckAngle/index.php

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/84619-Guess-at-neck-jig-pt-3.jpg

bargeloobs
12-06-2014, 11:06 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from Brendan on June 11, 2014, 23:32
Aaahaa now I get it - with a high bridge, by putting a little angle on the neck (break angle) the strings are held in a better alignment with the fretboard and a whole lot more playable. Just going with the defaults on the website below, it looks like the angle is something like 5 degrees or something really small like that.

Nice pickup Dan!

Diagram follows DB's feedback, I've left the words on to keep that part constant. Ignore the diagram from my previous post - it's wrong... Also bear in mind the angles and dimensions are way off.

More info here:
http://www.tundraman.com/Guitars/NeckAngle/index.php

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/84619-Guess-at-neck-jig-pt-3.jpg

Forgive me if it seemed like I was knocking your explanations Brendan, it's more to do with my total lack of knowledge and understanding but how you've layed it out here really makes perfect sense and like you and danmade said, as the build progresses thing will (hopefully) become clearer.
Will be watching with interest:-)

dingobass
12-06-2014, 11:43 PM
In answer to the angle, it is three degrees-- not much but enough to let me get those strings close enough to he fretboard without buzzing..
With any luck this baby should be a mega shredding machine :)

wokkaboy
13-06-2014, 01:11 AM
sounds good DB, any updated photos and quiz question #2 ?

stan
13-06-2014, 02:30 AM
super great info guys, and nice start so far DB!

gavinturner
13-06-2014, 03:02 AM
@Brendan, thanks for all the effort you put into the explanation!

cheers,
Gav.

ultpanzi
13-06-2014, 03:19 AM
Due to the neck angle, Im guessing thats gonna have a tuneomatic bridge??

DanMade
13-06-2014, 04:59 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from ultpanzi on June 12, 2014, 12:19
Due to the neck angle, Im guessing thats gonna have a tuneomatic bridge??

This axe is gonna need a pretty cool bridge to match it's big bro.

lawry
13-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Hurrah! I get it at last. Old and slow, that's me.
So DB, if this is going to be a mega-shredda are you going to scallop any of the fretboard?

dingobass
13-06-2014, 09:13 AM
OK...
I am thinking along two lines re bridge.
1: A really nice Babicz Full Contact TOM
2: I get Über anal and build the same style of bridge as the Bass....

wokkaboy
13-06-2014, 09:52 AM
got to go option 2 DB if its going to be the bass's true little bro !

lawry
13-06-2014, 10:19 AM
I'm with Wokka. You've gotta keep the family resemblance.

dingobass
13-06-2014, 10:44 AM
OK, back to the neck break angle..

the first pic shows the break angle with the routing template in place (clamped down on the body to show angle)
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/w0841-IMG_2919.JPG
Next up is routing for truss rod. (Two routs required , one short rout with a 1/2" bit to accomodate the turny bitz and the rest is a 1/4" to take the body of the truss rod).
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/c2945-IMG_2920.JPG
Set the router and guide up, attack the neck with great gusto and hey presto, truss rod rout!
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/3u605-IMG_2921.JPG

dingobass
13-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Here is the finished rout and truss rod installed.
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/82x9e-IMG_2922.JPG
Once the truss is in I then rough out the neck shape on the trusty Bando saurus, then off to the Jointer/Planer to square up the edges for the body wings.
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/7ie5k-IMG_2928.JPG
Then I place all the chunks of tree together to see how it all fits.. Perfect!
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/4d1se-IMG_2930.JPG

bargeloobs
13-06-2014, 10:52 AM
@wokka - agreed :D
@lawry - agreed :)

dingobass
13-06-2014, 10:57 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from lawry on June 12, 2014, 17:54
Hurrah! I get it at last. Old and slow, that's me.
So DB, if this is going to be a mega-shredda are you going to scallop any of the fretboard?

In a word, No.... ;)

lawry
13-06-2014, 10:59 AM
God, I hate how you make this all look so easy, DB. But I really appreciate you showing how it's done.
Thanks!

dingobass
13-06-2014, 11:51 AM
But it is easy Lawry!
All it takes is patience, practice and a lot of goolie scratching :)

Brendan
13-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Gav - no worries - I'm a visual kinda bloke, so it's as much about me understanding what's going on... Hence why it took a while to get it all correct.

DB - looking great! Though a little birdie told me the odd tipple along with the ghoolie scratch doesn't hurt at all with guitar building...

Lawry - this thing's gonna be lucky to have frets - I think there's limited chance that DB would be wanting to make them more pronounced.. :)

Fretworn
14-06-2014, 01:59 AM
Quote from dingobass on June 12, 2014, 20:51
... and a lot of goolie scratching :)

Hence why we don't seem to get any women joining here......

dingobass
14-06-2014, 03:08 AM
Yeah.... It is a sausage fest.....

wokkaboy
14-06-2014, 03:25 AM
DB, looking sweet mate. The photo of the wing pieces of wood looks like there's a gap between the top wing and the neck ? I'm sure you would have sorted out the gap and planed one of the pieces parallel.
Glad you are going with the MOP bridge/saddles. I might program a visit to check it out and the new fret jig !

dingobass
14-06-2014, 04:39 AM
The 'gap' is actually a slightly higher profile caused by the break angle of the neck, planed it flat now :)

dingobass
14-06-2014, 04:41 AM
Aaaaaand here we go!

Wings glued, rough sanded and headstock shaped..
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/8i070-image.jpg
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/3xopz-image.jpg
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/hl7w1-image.jpg

wokkaboy
14-06-2014, 04:55 AM
ah an optical illusion in the photo, I knew there would be an explanation. Looking sweet as DB, didn't take long to get to this stage !
You will have to hide this axe from me when its finished. I can see this in my collection ! haha

Brendan
14-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Is it just me or is there something IceManesque about this guitar?
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/IC-1-1-150x120.jpg

DB - you OK - I'm sensing something subliminal coming through here...

gavinturner
14-06-2014, 10:43 AM
She's amazing already DB. You make it look so effortless!

cheers,
Gav.

lawry
14-06-2014, 10:53 AM
/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from dingobass on June 12, 2014, 20:51
But it is easy Lawry!
All it takes is patience, practice and a lot of goolie scratching :)

I'm assuming that they have to be your own goolies 8O
Actually, I probably could make a balls of it!

dingobass
14-06-2014, 11:38 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from Brendan on June 13, 2014, 19:40
Is it just me or is there something IceManesque about this guitar?
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/IC-1-1-150x120.jpg

DB - you OK - I'm sensing something subliminal coming through here...

Just working out how long you will be spending in the naughty room without access to beer and pizza....... :P

wokkaboy
14-06-2014, 11:54 PM
Wrong comment Brendan. DB hates icemans. I won't be serving you beer and pizza in the naughty room till DB gives me the green light!

dingobass
15-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg!

dingobass
15-06-2014, 03:05 AM
Fret slots.........

The new Stewmac fretsaw mitre box makes a long and boring job a lot easier.
Ten minute verses thirty!
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/54o3i-image.jpg
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/5m322-image.jpg

And quizz number two.. What is this tool used for?
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/n8j0l-image.jpg

WeirdBits
15-06-2014, 03:14 AM
Tuner hole jig, allowing you to spike and align the block accurately when drilling the holes.

gavinturner
15-06-2014, 03:49 AM
Marking the position of fret dot holes?

cheers,
Gav.

dingobass
15-06-2014, 05:27 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from WeirdBits on June 14, 2014, 12:14
Tuner hole jig, allowing you to spike and align the block accurately when drilling the holes.

That was too easy.....
Your Dingo wax will be in the post to you early next week, Weirdy 8-)

lawry
15-06-2014, 06:35 AM
Damn. I would've actually got that right too. Shit, eh?
Well done Scott.

WeirdBits
15-06-2014, 01:03 PM
woohoo! I'd like to thank the Academy...

Cheers DB, oh and I'll be emailing you about that other thing in the next week or so.

Fretworn
17-06-2014, 01:41 AM
I thought it was a new chair for the naughty room. It sounds like its getting too comfortable in there.

dingobass
18-06-2014, 07:32 AM
Fretty, OUCH! Thats nasty... 8O

Anyhoo, not a lot being accomplished these past few days due to my back giving me some serious crap.

However, I did manage to come up with a different approach to control placement (probably been done before but hey, why not try something out of the norm for a change)?

It remains to be seen how practical this is......
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/l4tlv-image.jpg

wokkaboy
18-06-2014, 07:42 AM
wow nice touch DB, that looks cool and the guitar top won't have any knobs or switches. So you using push/pull pots to split the humbucker coils, nice. So looks like a volume for each pup and common tone hence no switch required.
Bugger about your back, I'll bring some 10+% beers on Friday !
Looks like Tassy blackwood the outside piece. Presume the output jack will drill into the bottom part of the control cavity

dingobass
18-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Close, Woks. I am using the PPS to switch the pups on and off.
Yep, I had a few off cuts of TB so I thought it would be a good project to use them on.
The output will go in the side in much the normal spot.

gavinturner
18-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Love the control placement DB. Such a cool idea!

cheers,
Gav.

lawry
18-06-2014, 09:05 AM
Hmmm. I like it, It's a cool idea and I really hope it works but I can't help think it may be a bit awkward to tweak on the fly. I'm keen to see how you feel about it when it's ready to rock.

dingobass
18-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Yaeash... You may have a good point Lawry but nothing ventured nothing gained :)

This is an idea that may take a few tweaks and refining and your input has been duly noted and is greatly appreciated :)

lawry
18-06-2014, 09:31 AM
DB. It wasn't meant to be a negative poo poo (hi-tech description of criticism) and I truly hope it does work (even if it needs a couple of version tweaks) because uber-coolness is it's own reward.

dingobass
18-06-2014, 09:51 AM
I did not take it as a poo poo, Lawry! :)
As I said, I value the suggestions, input and critique offered up by all and sundry... Otherwise I would never know if I am doing it right.
I dont need folk to blow smoke up my butt, I need the positive and well reasoned input such as yours to improve my builds :)

Brendan
18-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Face it DB - its a guitar for a guitarist. In general they're lost with more than one thing to play with anyway... If it were a bass however... :) .

dingobass
18-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Brendan, the beer and pizza ban is hereby lifted. Woks, pour Brendan a pint of our finest! :)

stan
18-06-2014, 10:39 PM
looks great with the knob placement.

Just thinking about hand placement and reach practicalities, I wonder if in the next version if it would be easier to use if the whole lot is moved back slightly onto the corner - might be a more natural reach...

Looks very awesome though

dingobass
18-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Thanx Stan. :)
So do you reckon that it might be better if the controls were placed more to the butt end of the Guitar, say to where the out put would normally be?

wokkaboy
19-06-2014, 12:08 AM
no worries DB, I'll pour Brendan a beer but for bagging guitarists it will only be a run of the mill midstrength ! haha.
The access to the control knobs was a bit of a concern to me DB when I saw it, you have long fingers and long arms so I'm sure will be easy for you to adjust them on the fly

bargeloobs
19-06-2014, 12:13 AM
Is it going to be practical for "on the fly" adjustments? Probably not.
Does it really matter? IMHO not one bit.
For the sacrifice of a bit of functionality you've managed to achieve the ultimate aesthetic.
I think it's a f*#@king great idea!
My hat's off DB!

Edit: Having said that I'd have to agree with Stan and maybe consider placing the cavity above the input somewhere on future builds, it just feels more natural to reach in that area...heh but whatevers, wicked job all the same.

gavinturner
19-06-2014, 12:17 AM
Yeah i agree. Practicality be damned. This is the coolest thing I've seen in quite a while! Go for it DB

cheers,
Gav.

pablopepper
19-06-2014, 01:05 AM
Coming from someone who 'sets and forgets' tone controls etc, I love it.

Nickosaurus
19-06-2014, 01:30 AM
I might seem a bit silly saying this but which part of the body is that cavity on? The top curve or the bottom curve?

Also, do you think those knobs will be shifted if you're standing and playing? Rubbing against your hip/leg or something? Maybe a locking feature on the knobs would be a cool idea if you gig?

Looks cool either way.

dingobass
19-06-2014, 02:31 AM
On the bottom.
Should be clear of leg etc, should know for sure once it is finished...

dingobass
19-06-2014, 02:36 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from wokkaboy on June 18, 2014, 09:08
no worries DB, I'll pour Brendan a beer but for bagging guitarists it will only be a run of the mill midstrength ! haha.
The access to the control knobs was a bit of a concern to me DB when I saw it, you have long fingers and long arms so I'm sure will be easy for you to adjust them on the fly

Hahaha! Poor Brendan.......

Not being a Guitar player as such I do fly a bit blind with Guitar builds especially when I do weird stuff like this...

wokkaboy
19-06-2014, 03:59 AM
nah I reckon its a great idea DB, sure it will work fine. I'm another player that hardly touches the controls - its always full tone and full volume !
Have you checked the push pull pots don't extend past the edge of the body ? They may rub on your leg as someone pointed out

dingobass
19-06-2014, 05:04 AM
Yhep, made sure that when extended the knobs are still behind the top....
At least I thought that bit through :)

wokkaboy
19-06-2014, 07:09 AM
haha well done DB.
Any updated photos mate ?

Brendan
19-06-2014, 12:45 PM
DB - don't hide them too hard - being guitarists they won't know where to find them. Bad enough with guitarists see sawing around trying to find the groove or the melody, let alone having to be searching for the controls at the same time.

jarrod
19-06-2014, 01:02 PM
wholly crap DB bring this one to my man cave and you know you will be leaving with out it

jarrod
19-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Be a good little DB take the money and keep walking out the door lol......

bargeloobs
19-06-2014, 09:04 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from Brendan on June 18, 2014, 21:45
DB - don't hide them too hard - being guitarists they won't know where to find them. Bad enough with guitarists see sawing around trying to find the groove or the melody, let alone having to be searching for the controls at the same time.

You what now?

lawry
19-06-2014, 09:05 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from Brendan on June 18, 2014, 21:45

Hahahaha. Had to chuckle at that, Brendan. An excellent stinger.

pablopepper
19-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Shots fired.

dingobass
19-06-2014, 10:44 PM
Luv it, Bman :)
That was your best one yet!

wokkaboy
19-06-2014, 11:52 PM
Brendan won't be getting any beers poured by me for 2 comments bagging guitarists !
Or maybe he will get a beer..................poured over his head hahaha

lawry
20-06-2014, 04:37 AM
Bloody hyper-sensitive axe men.
I'll buy you a beer Brendan. And it won't be one of those mammy-pamby, low-carb, low-alcohol shandies beloved by non-bassists. It'll be a real beer worthy of someone tasked with locking the beat. Woof!
8-)

pablopepper
20-06-2014, 04:53 AM
http://cdn.acidcow.com/pics/20091119/most_unfortunate_food_names_02.jpg

DanMade
20-06-2014, 05:14 AM
Official Beer of Bassist's worldwide. ^^^

wokkaboy
20-06-2014, 05:17 AM
haha looks like this is turning out to be a bassists versus guitarists war. Look what you started Bman !
You have basically caused a hijack on DB's thread mate !

bargeloobs
20-06-2014, 05:20 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from DanMade on June 19, 2014, 14:14
Official Beer of Bassist's worldwide. ^^^
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/1df1k-56463666676356.jpg

wokkaboy
20-06-2014, 06:24 AM
haha nice paintshop Barge !!
We better drop a cog we are on DB's thread and he's a bassist and the prison warden at the naughty room ! haha

bargeloobs
20-06-2014, 07:02 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from wokkaboy on June 19, 2014, 15:24
haha nice paintshop Barge !!
We better drop a cog we are on DB's thread and he's a bassist and the prison warden at the naughty room ! haha

I'm just teasin bro, honestly.. I don't even get the whole guitarist vs bass player thing. I play bass myself (albiet poorly) and a song without bass is an incomplete song IMHO. Sorry for derailing your thread DB, it's Brendan's fault!!

lawry
20-06-2014, 10:01 AM
I don't care whose fault it is, I just want one of them thar beers! Love the label!
:P

Brendan
20-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Lawry - they do tend to get a bit worked up...

BTW Barge - currently working on 2 guitars and one bass. Currently play both pretty much evenly, though am woeful with guitar. Just fun to stir guitarists up a little - they do tend to be a little precious ;) .

Wokks - DB doesn't seem to mind. I think he's happy to drop the boot in when needed :).

dingobass
21-06-2014, 10:49 AM
That was funny :)

Anyhoo, got a bit done in between other jobs..

Bridge plate cut, shaped, routed and slide bars for saddles in.

Next up a few shots of the saddles roughed out.
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/4hx2e-image.jpg
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/i5ble-image.jpg
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/3gc7q-image.jpg

Brendan
21-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Looking great DB!

bargeloobs
21-06-2014, 11:12 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from Brendan on June 19, 2014, 22:37
Lawry - they do tend to get a bit worked up...

BTW Barge - currently working on 2 guitars and one bass. Currently play both pretty much evenly, though am woeful with guitar. Just fun to stir guitarists up a little - they do tend to be a little precious ;) .

Wokks - DB doesn't seem to mind. I think he's happy to drop the boot in when needed :).

;)

bargeloobs
21-06-2014, 11:14 AM
That's not a bridge it's an artwork!!

Nickosaurus
21-06-2014, 12:07 PM
so do the saddles work under string tension?

will you have to reintonate everytime you change a string?

Looks great though DB. Love you workmanship.

gavinturner
21-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Your bridge is amazing DB - I'm completely blown away. It's such a simple concept when you think about it, but yet I've never seen this before anywhere. Simply awesome!

cheers,
Gav.

dingobass
21-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Nick, once everything is finished and the Guitar is intonated I will cut small pieces of Mother Of Pearl sheet to sit either side of the saddles to hold them in place.

dingobass
21-06-2014, 12:28 PM
Thanx Gav.... It is simple but a real fiddly bugger to make... not sure I would be in too much of a hurry to do it again :)

lawry
21-06-2014, 10:16 PM
DB. Is this going to turn into your version of the Cistine Chapel? You know, like the Pope and Michaelangelo... "When are you going to make an end? - "When I have finished".

dingobass
24-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Fret board on! :D

Now to finesse the neck..

Time for Quizz number three......
What is the tool I am using correct name?

http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/b4of6-IMG_2947.JPG
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/3o9oi-IMG_2951.JPG
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/dn255-IMG_2952.JPG

dingobass
24-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Fret board on! :D

Now to finesse the neck..

Time for Quizz number three......
What is the tool I am using?
It is a rasp, what type of rasp is it?

http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/i533o-IMG_2947.JPG
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/l1hs4-IMG_2951.JPG
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/jbo37-IMG_2952.JPG

dingobass
24-06-2014, 10:46 AM
Attacking the neck...

Neck finessed!
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/x65qw-IMG_2949.JPG
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/60d4q-IMG_2953.JPG
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/0y31w-IMG_2955.JPG

dingobass
24-06-2014, 10:49 AM
AAAAnd the Headstock 8-)
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/nhp2m-IMG_2957.JPG
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/767p2-IMG_2954.JPG

gavinturner
24-06-2014, 10:55 AM
A shinto rasp..

cheers,
Gav.

gavinturner
24-06-2014, 10:57 AM
More specifically, a Shinto saw rasp:

"A completely different kind of rasp is the Shinto saw rasp, which originated in Japan. This rasp consists of a series of saw blades waffled together to produce a wide cutting surface. One side has coarse cut teeth for very fast stock removal while the other side has a finer tooth pattern for a smoother cut. They work exceptionally well on highly figured wood."

cheers,
Gav.

gavinturner
24-06-2014, 10:59 AM
The neck shape looks amazing btw DB!

cheers,
Gav.

Brendan
24-06-2014, 12:02 PM
Red handled one - is that a Rocket Rasp?

http://www.carbatec.com.au/japanese-carving-rasp-inline-handle_c13027

http://www.carbatec.com.au/rocket-rasp-150mm-curved-fine-cut_c21296
(also seen it called a 1/2 round CP (Chemically Polished) file - apparently super quick cuts and no grooves...)

Nice kit DB.

dingobass
24-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Too easy.... Gav gets the prize! :)

Gav,Email me your postal address dingobass@pitbullguitars.com

For every winner of the Quizz, I am donating $1 towards Durong Dingo Sanctuary to help fund the promotion of the true nature and place in the Australian eco system of the Dingo.

This $1 donation will also apply all Dingotone products, for every Guitar wax, Dingotone finishing kit (yes, the Dingotone finishing kits will be available in six to eight weeks) and any other Dingotone product released.

dingobass
24-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Brendan was also correct....

Two winners! :)

Joshy
24-06-2014, 11:30 PM
Looks absolutely stunning. Love the look of that fretboard too.

lawry
25-06-2014, 11:51 AM
It gets better looking each time you post, DB. More like a sculpture than a guitar.

gavinturner
25-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Agreed Lawry, it's definitely a work of art and getting more so with each post!

cheers,
Gav.

dingobass
25-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Now it is time for speed humps...errr... frets....
First step is to clean out the slots.
I am using a .25" gauge saw for this as it is the same width as the slots.

You can see how much crud builds up from finishing the fret board....
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/fvz5a-IMG_2992.JPG
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/074zy-IMG_2993.JPG

dingobass
25-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Seating the frets...

Firstly, I seat the ends by tapping firmly with a deadblow fretting hammer.

Then I seat the rest of the fret.
Usually I would press the frets in, but due to the shape of the neck and body it was easier to manually seat them.
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/a70da-IMG_2994.JPG
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/418oc-IMG_2996.JPG
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/d6x2l-IMG_3000.JPG

dingobass
25-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Hardware porn....
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/an4e9-IMG_3001.JPG

Brendan
25-06-2014, 01:27 PM
OOoooh Steinbergers...

Love the plan with the Dingo Sanctuary!

jarrod
25-06-2014, 10:26 PM
So when can I take delivery DB

wokkaboy
25-06-2014, 11:45 PM
looking awesome as usual DB, looks like its almost ready for clear coats of dingotone !

dingobass
26-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Now for the pickup surrounds.

First up, drill out the corners with 15mm Forstner bit, then set up Dremel and attack!
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/x7u6k-IMG_3005.JPG
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/51r8x-IMG_3006.JPG

dingobass
26-06-2014, 10:25 AM
Here it is, 'buckers sitting in and everthing fits!

Just needs final shaping..
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/134ot-image.jpg
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/l507g-image.jpg

dingobass
26-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Top ferrules in place :)

Bridge glued..
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/tbm85-image.jpg

lawry
26-06-2014, 12:06 PM
Hmmm. That's interesting! Black pearls.

Nickosaurus
26-06-2014, 12:32 PM
This is going to be interesting to see finished and set-up. Certainly one of the most unique guitars I've seen built on a forum!

DanMade
26-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Definatly worth the extra effort making that bridge setup DB. Now that truly is a full contact bridge.

wokkaboy
27-06-2014, 01:39 AM
amazing touches DB, I didn't think this build could get better but you keep improving the finishing touches - well done, Can't wait to have a play next visit

pablopepper
27-06-2014, 02:02 AM
That answers my question about how that bridge works. Good stuff DB.

dingobass
28-06-2014, 07:38 AM
Hows that for figure?...
Sanded to 320 and one coat of Dingotone.
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/42ab1-IMG_3007.JPG
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/38s8s-IMG_3011.JPG
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/v82pr-IMG_3018.JPG

dingobass
28-06-2014, 07:40 AM
And the headstock.. all sanded and drilled for the Steinbergers...
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/7bs4z-IMG_3014.JPG
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/k8o31-IMG_3020.JPG

gavinturner
28-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Grain is amazing DB. Is that the "clear" Dingotone finish?

cheers,
Gav.

bargeloobs
28-06-2014, 08:03 AM
Man that'd look nice with some nitro on there...

lawry
28-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Hmmm! So if you're putting the machine heads in a row diagonally across the headstock, what sort are you going to use? Oversized ukulele friction units? Or wot?

:?

dingobass
28-06-2014, 09:21 AM
these beasties... Lawry. :P
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/a94wp-IMG_3001.JPG

stan
28-06-2014, 09:31 AM
the details are awesome, very nice results with Dingotone

WeirdBits
28-06-2014, 09:41 AM
DB, haven't seen my waxilicious prize as yet, should I be abusing the postman?

stan
28-06-2014, 09:41 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from dingobass on June 18, 2014, 07:46
Thanx Stan. :)
So do you reckon that it might be better if the controls were placed more to the butt end of the Guitar, say to where the out put would normally be?

oh wow, havent read this thread for too long - yes mate, that's exactly what I thought. This is coming along so nicely, love the fluid, almost organic lines, looks like it would have a nice "feel"

Fretworn
28-06-2014, 10:39 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from bargeloobs on June 27, 2014, 17:03
Man that'd look nice with some nitro on there...

Expecting DB to send you a package of freshly laid Dingo turds. Hate to be your postman. ;)

dingobass
29-06-2014, 12:19 AM
I was thinking along the lines of time in the naughty room without beer and pizza......
You shouldnt give me ideas like that, Fretty :)

bargeloobs
29-06-2014, 12:27 AM
"dingo turd in the post" hehehehe

lawry
29-06-2014, 03:19 AM
So, just going back to the machine heads... Who makes 'em and where do you get 'em? They look really cool. I assume they're geared internally.

WeirdBits
29-06-2014, 04:10 AM
Lawry, Steinbergers (http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Tuning_Machines/Guitar_and_Solid_Peghead/Steinberger_Gearless_Tuners.html).

lawry
29-06-2014, 06:10 AM
Thanks Scott. Had a look at the link and they look hot and cool at the same time. Love the classiness of them and can imagine them on a future build for certain.

dingobass
29-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Not cheap, but well worth the outlay..
at 40:1 ratio they are supa accurate :)

stan
29-06-2014, 11:42 AM
awesome, but it would take all day to wind a string on!

wokkaboy
29-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Looking forward to update pics DB with the hardware on. Not a good idea Barge to suggest the N word around DB. I'm sure dingotone clear will make that grain pop

dingobass
29-06-2014, 11:08 PM
Stan, the string feeds through a hole at the base of the locking shaft.
Generally speaking, a few turns of the knurled tuning knob is all thats required... These babies are so sensitive that it takes a bit of getting used to.
Unlike normal tuners, these guys have a ratio of 40:1......
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/gz905-image.jpg

stan
30-06-2014, 02:41 AM
aahh i see, these look very nice

dingobass
30-06-2014, 11:58 AM
They are very nice..... just wish they made them for Bass as well.
Imagine the funky headstock shapes you could come up with :)

gavinturner
11-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Just received my Dingowax this morning DB many thanks! It's gonna go on the Stone Roses build as soon as I am able.

cheers,
Gav.

DanMade
11-07-2014, 10:10 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from gavinturner on July 10, 2014, 21:27
Just received my Dingowax this morning DB many thanks! It's gonna go on the Stone Roses build as soon as I am able.

cheers,
Gav.

I got my Dingowax last week, How good does it smell!

I found myself putting a dab behind my ear, using it as a perfume, lol.

wokkaboy
12-07-2014, 03:28 AM
good move Dan, I reckon it smells good enough to use as after shave !

lawry
12-07-2014, 06:23 AM
Yeah, got mine a week or so ago, too, and thought the same thing. It means I can be all blokey and build stuff yet stay in touch with my femine side and have soft supple hands.

dingobass
24-07-2014, 02:08 AM
Been very busy with other stuff..
Finally got back to the beast and whacked on the first top coat!
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/dyh17-image.jpg

DanMade
24-07-2014, 02:19 AM
"Fat bottom girls, they make the rockin world go round"

Nickosaurus
24-07-2014, 05:18 AM
earthy. :D

wokkaboy
24-07-2014, 05:29 AM
really DB thats only 1 top coat ?
Its nice and glossy, can't wait to see it in the flesh and get my hands on the DT clear coats

ultpanzi
25-07-2014, 10:09 AM
That bridge looks amazing...

stan
25-07-2014, 10:22 AM
brilliant work DB

jarrod
30-07-2014, 01:57 AM
DB I lost your number. Flick me a FB message so I can give you call.

dingobass
13-08-2014, 06:32 AM
Here she is... Almost done.

Just need to apply the last finish coat, cut a proper nut, intonate blah blah blah.........

Wonder if the ipad will post the pics the right way up for a change?
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/432aw-image.jpg
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/0653y-image.jpg
http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/529s8-image.jpg

wokkaboy
13-08-2014, 06:38 AM
wow looking delicious DB, hope its ready to bring on PBG's 2nd birthday party. The photos orientate the right way when you click on them.
You also forgot to put your DB watermarks on the photo

lawry
13-08-2014, 08:36 AM
Ah man, that is just beautiful. The synergy of all the parts just blows me away!

gavinturner
13-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Amazing work DB. A real work of art!

cheers
Gav.

jarrod
17-08-2014, 03:42 PM
I got my hands on this little beauty the other day and it just feels so right. Tone for ever. Wanna put it through my Peavey and see what it sounds like.

Nickosaurus
18-08-2014, 04:16 AM
clips?

ponch
18-08-2014, 05:02 AM
Very cool. Can't wait for the colours to be released, than clear looks great.