PDA

View Full Version : The "Blacktop" writes her first song

bargeloobs
09-06-2014, 06:11 AM
Just finished up the primary tracks for a new tune using my new favorite axe, still yet to add acoustic drum tracks and vox but it's a positive start.

https://soundcloud.com/sodacupkiller69/the-argyle

DanMade
09-06-2014, 06:59 AM
Wicked.
Sweet playing and well mixed Bro. Definatly a GOTM worthy effort.

bargeloobs
09-06-2014, 07:34 AM
Hey thanks for having a listen man, it's pretty rough round the edges at this stage and I'll admit not exactly "accessible" sort of music but whatevers, love that profile pic btw.

ultpanzi
09-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Just had an eargasm. Great stuff!!

lawry
09-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Man, that is hot! Beautifully recorded and mixed. What's your DAW etc?

lawry
09-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Hey BL. I've just had a listen to a few of the Gig on Saturn tracks. Are they all just you or is it a band? They're fantastic. I'm going have to fork out the fiver. What a bargain!

bargeloobs
09-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Don't do that, throw me your address (sodacupkiller69@gmail.com) and I'll send you out a CD.
I wrote it all (bar the covers) then just assembled musos I knew and some I didn't to help finish stuff off (mainly on vocals coz I'm a shit singer)

adam
09-06-2014, 09:21 AM
Hey Bargeloobs sounds great! This would be great to share on our Facebook page, but maybe you would prefer we wait until you've finished the track. I think it would be great if our 2000+ friends could actually hear how good the Guitar of the Month Winner sounds.

bargeloobs
09-06-2014, 09:33 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from adam on June 8, 2014, 18:21
Hey Bargeloobs sounds great! This would be great to share on our Facebook page, but maybe you would prefer we wait until you've finished the track. I think it would be great if our 2000+ friends could actually hear how good the Guitar of the Month Winner sounds.

Wow that sounds neat, I'll get me A into G and get some more stuff layed down, cheers Adz:-)

lawry
09-06-2014, 09:54 AM
/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from bargeloobs on June 8, 2014, 17:59
Don't do that, throw me your address (sodacupkiller69@gmail.com) and I'll send you out a CD.
I wrote it all (bar the covers) then just assembled musos I knew and some I didn't to help finish stuff off (mainly on vocals coz I'm a shit singer)

Thanks, but too late. And for the record (pun intended) it's worth every cent.
Anyway, it's a cool album, man, and it's nice to listen to indie stuff like this.
So where do you record?
Cheers.

bargeloobs
09-06-2014, 10:38 AM
/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from lawry on June 8, 2014, 18:54

/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from bargeloobs on June 8, 2014, 17:59

Thanks, but too late. And for the record (pun intended) it's worth every cent.
Anyway, it's a cool album, man, and it's nice to listen to indie stuff like this.
So where do you record?
Cheers.

Well it's much appreciated Lawry...seriously.
To answer your question I do 99% of my recording at my battlestation at home (pictured below) going through a little M-Audio interface into Pro-Tools.
Also me old mate (he's a live sound engineer) out the road has a wicked treated space and I talked him into putting in a control room a little while back so between us both we can do pretty much anything.
He's got a big room which is great for rehearsals or tracking drums and a smaller treated room on the far wall (you can see the rectangular window in the fourth pic) which is absolutely perfect for vocals, not to mention he's got a shit ton of dynamic and condenser mics for every type of application.

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/14y04-001.jpg
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/037en-002.jpg
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/88t15-003.jpg

vh2580
09-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Loved Cats and Dogs and The Argyle.

lawry
09-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Sounds like you've got everything covered. You get an amazing sound and I can see why your beats are so tight. Those young drummers have such energy ;) yours?

bargeloobs
09-06-2014, 09:33 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from vh2580 on June 8, 2014, 23:03
Loved Cats and Dogs and The Argyle.

Thanks for having a listen mate, appreciated.

@Lawry - Yeah that's one of my little bandits, I think she's gonna be the musical one. Just turned 4 a couple of days ago and all she wanted was a tambourine and a xylophone so I'm more than happy to encourage that sort of noise:-)
http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/il859-005.jpg

bargeloobs
10-06-2014, 06:02 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from ultpanzi on June 8, 2014, 17:21
Just had an eargasm.

Haha I missed that one, I cracked up;-) Cheers mate!

lawry
10-06-2014, 09:41 AM
And this is where the magic happens at my place. Well, about 3% of the time anyway. The rest is usually crap. It's not ideal but it's the only space I have until retirement. Then watch out, there will be a purpose built studio when we build up north.

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/cdot7-image.jpg

bargeloobs
10-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Orr sweet mate! I know what you mean about "not ideal" but we make do with the spaces we've got huh, and in all seriousness if you're churning out recordings of the quality I listened to earlier once you build the "purpose built" jobby look out! The cool things you get to do once you retire eh!
We should collab sometime Lozza, we could easily enough put together a Pitbull guitars online band.

lawry
10-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Hmm. I like the sound of that. I've got a grunge track that's been going nowhere for ages. I'll send it to you along with the kids CD so you can have a listen. Do you want individual tracks or just a wave file of the whole thing?

bargeloobs
10-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Sweet, individual wav's would be the ideal situation, and the bpm if you know it. Cool beans!

Analyst69
10-06-2014, 11:00 AM
Great sounding track-in-progress.

Nice to hear the LP is up to the job of such a great sounding recording.

Cheers

Darren

pablopepper
10-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Holy crap Barge! That just ticked so many boxes for me. I'm picking up what you're putting down, for sure. Top track. Great tones. Will definitely be checking some more of your stuff out.

bargeloobs
10-06-2014, 11:33 PM
[quote]/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from Analyst69 on June 9, 2014, 20:00
@analyst69
@pablopepper

Hey thanks for having a listen guys. I'm just getting the drum tracks done as we speak so it should sound pretty cool once they're all finished up...no vocalists out there per chance?

stan
11-06-2014, 03:34 AM
if that is in progress, then the finished stuff must be awesome, great stuff and the new axe sounds brilliant

Andyport
11-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Some really good stuff on "Gig On Saturn".
That is some real talent you got there, Barge.
Really well done, congrats!

Cheers
Andy

bargeloobs
11-06-2014, 10:46 AM
/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from stan on June 10, 2014, 12:34
if that is in progress, then the finished stuff must be awesome, great stuff and the new axe sounds brilliant

Hey cheers Stan you're too kind. It doesn't sound too bad that axe huh? It's a bit of a sneak peak as to what your bad boy's gonna sound like! (p.s CD's in the mail)
@andyport, thanks heaps for taking the time to have a bit of a listen man, it's definitely not perfect but whatevers, not bad considering it was mixed in my dining room:-)

west0288
26-06-2014, 07:27 AM
This is something I can definitely see myself listening to. I want more!

If there was ever a Pit Bull Band I would be all over that too. There's some very talented individuals around here.

Just a pity I'm not one of them... :P

Oh well. Maybe one day. ;)

Anyway, keep the goodness coming Nigel. Keen as. :D

bargeloobs
26-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Hey cheers Brodie, just keep up your practice and you'll get there mate(not that you'd need much practice to get to my level lol)
Man you're right though, the talent on here is astounding and not just in musical ability.

bargeloobs
08-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Turns out the "Blacktop" doesn't do a bad job on the hardcore front either, another preliminary track finished for forthcoming album, getting back to the metal roots with this one.
https://soundcloud.com/sodacupkiller69/psalm-minor

stan
09-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Heavy! love it nice work mate

lawry
09-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Hey Bargie, any update on the move?

bargeloobs
09-07-2014, 11:14 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from lawry on July 8, 2014, 19:45
Hey Bargie, any update on the move?

I just seen ya email sittin' there before, sorry man I've been really slack with the interweb housekeeping lately, We're still packing in anticipation of a move at this stage Lozza, got the builder going through early next week fingers crossed then we can make an offer, sign some papers and start building guitars!! LOL, Naa I don't wanna jinx it but things are looking fairly positive.
I've been thrashing Stupid Fish BTW, it's my nu favourite album!!! If anyone on here hasn't heard it yet you need to!!

bargeloobs
09-07-2014, 11:34 AM
/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from stan on July 8, 2014, 19:42
Heavy! love it nice work mate

Hehe Cheers Stan, definitely one of the heavier ones I've churned out in a while.

lawry
10-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Well, my fingers are crossed for you too, mate. Still, I've been tracking the weather down there and I don't think I'd fancy going outside in it!
Thanks for the kind words on Stupid Fish! (For those who don't know, It's an album of songs I wrote for my grand kids cos I was fed up with the Wiggles). And I had a listen to your latest link. Man, your recording and mixing techniques make me shiver. I'd love to spend a weekend in a studio with you watching how you do it!

bargeloobs
10-07-2014, 09:15 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from lawry on July 9, 2014, 17:31
I've been tracking the weather down there and I don't think I'd fancy going outside in it!

Yeah it's been real wet, cold and windy the last week or so, not good moving house sort of stuff.

Regarding "Stupid Fish" Did you ever think about putting it up on Bandcamp or something? It'd be great to be able to throw the link around the place and you might even make a few bucks on the side, I guarantee there would be a few blokes on here that'd been interested in a listen.

Jeez you know how to make a man blush Lozza, I think my mixes are a long way from perfect but definitely getting better. That's where Youtube and the internet in general are invaluable resources for picking up handy techniques and tricks, I'd frankly be lost without it.

wokkaboy
11-07-2014, 04:53 AM
sounds good your latest track Barge, rock on bro !

bargeloobs
11-07-2014, 05:28 AM
Cheers Wokks, just need some growling vocals now, hows ya singing voice?:-)

wokkaboy
11-07-2014, 07:59 AM
haha Barge, I'd get a job singing outside a chemist to make people sick ! haha

bargeloobs
12-07-2014, 07:24 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from wokkaboy on July 10, 2014, 16:59
I'd get a job singing outside a chemist to make people sick

Hehe you and me both buddy :)