PDA

View Full Version : Who says Vinyl is dead.

DanMade
05-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Jack White is doing some revolutionary (no pun intended) things with his next release.
The vinyl LP will have some very cool features. If only I had a record player that still worked.

http://youtu.be/i-8B-_Jq2ro

surfmusic
05-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Hi Dan, one thing I miss is siting in a darkened room listening to Frampton Comes Alive, Dark Side of the Moon and heaps of others I just cant think of at present.
The turntables I have are not working, but I remember, when I was in Perth ('73 - '75 ish) not stereo but the turntable plugged in to my guitar amp, next door had a great system though.
Yeah I sure miss that time.

Rick

Ps I still have my records though.
ric

dingobass
06-06-2014, 10:47 AM
Vinyl... mmmmmmmmm...

jarrod
06-06-2014, 01:36 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from surfmusic on June 5, 2014, 07:36
Hi Dan, one thing I miss is siting in a darkened room listening to Frampton Comes Alive, Dark Side of the Moon and heaps of others I just cant think of at present.
The turntables I have are not working, but I remember, when I was in Perth ('73 - '75 ish) not stereo but the turntable plugged in to my guitar amp, next door had a great system though.

Rick

ric

Mmmm Framton and Dark side of the moon , we weren't smoking wacky backy too hey hey . lol.....

DanMade
06-06-2014, 09:15 PM
I was thinking that must of been a smokey dark room. ;)

kells80aus
06-06-2014, 09:29 PM
My Eldest son came by on Wednesday and took away about 15 of my remaining Vinyl albums. All my John Mayal, Bluesbreakers, Muddy Waters, Eric(Cream) and a few other bits and pieces. Ok Yes as well, but wasn't a big fan of them.

PK

dingobass
06-06-2014, 10:28 PM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from surfmusic on June 5, 2014, 07:36

Rick

ric

You remember the early 70's??!
Maate, you cant have done 'em right if you remember them :)

kells80aus
07-06-2014, 02:51 AM
You remember the early 70's??!
Maate, you cant have done 'em right if you remember them :)

um, DB it started in the late 60's u know flowers in my hair flowers everwhere, itchycoo park, oh fuggit can't rememmber any more songs.... must have Manic Depression, it's all just become a Purple Haze.........LOL

PK

andrewdosborne
08-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Its funny how fashion and trends come and go then reappear with a new marketing spin once a generation or two has forgotten them. Never happened with my flared jeans, anyhow time to spin some old Pink Floyd vinyl through my old can headphones (back in vogue again) and have a couple of Guinness's (in the mandatory 'darkened room')

Fretworn
09-08-2014, 02:13 AM
I have seen a pickguard made out of an old 12" LP. Looked really good.

lawry
09-08-2014, 08:18 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from andrewdosborne on August 7, 2014, 18:56
Its funny how fashion and trends come and go then reappear with a new marketing spin once a generation or two has forgotten them. Never happened with my flared jeans, anyhow time to spin some old Pink Floyd vinyl through my old can headphones (back in vogue again) and have a couple of Guinness's (in the mandatory 'darkened room')

Ah, flared jeans, paisley shirts and big shoes. Can't wait for them to come back. I still have nightmares about some of the stuff I wore in the 70s.