PDA

View Full Version : first post

lunaticthighs
02-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Hi forum people, wow been years since I have posted on one of these things lol.
Anyway just bought my first kit which arrived last week so excited to get into that. Sure I will be asking for help along the way as it's my first time building too. Also just received word I was one of the Facebook winners of a kit which will be a project for my son and me so looks like a 2 at once deal.
Anyway just wanted to introduce myself and stuff.
Cheers Alan

Gavin1393
02-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Congrats on the win Alan and welcome to the forum. There are a number of great threads as well as members who will help you along the way!

Gav

lawry
02-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Welcome, Alan, and congratulations on scoring one of the kits in the comp. They're plenty of people here who are ready to help whenever you ask so have fun building with your son and I look forward to see both guitars come to fruition.

Cheers

lunaticthighs
02-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Thanks guys. Will start a thread on both when under way. And yeah just been trawling through all the build posts to see what people are doing right or wrong so I can try to save myself some grief lol. Not looking to rush it but patience has never been my strong point.

dingobass
02-06-2014, 03:00 PM
Welcome to the crazy ranch Alan :)

Patience is the key, take your time as it isnt a race. Typically it takes me about two months to finish a guitar, the bulk of the time being taken up with the finishing.

Enjoy the build and dont heitatae to ask questions as we are only too happy to help! :)

bargeloobs
02-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Welcome along Allan, let the fun (and the addiction begin). I couldn't think of anything better than building an axe with my lad, you bloke's will have a blast. Do you both play?

stan
02-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Welcome to the madness Alan, oh and I dont think you'll stop at 2 builds....

gavinturner
02-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Welcome Alan and congrats on your win!

cheers,
Gav.

jarrod
03-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Well done on scoring the kit Alan, it will give you hours of enjoyment and great father and son time.

keloooe
03-06-2014, 12:49 AM
Nice win Alan! Good luck, start a build diary and do not be afraid to ask questions along the way!

Fretworn
03-06-2014, 02:30 AM
Welcome Alan.

lunaticthighs
03-06-2014, 07:03 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from bargeloobs on June 2, 2014, 05:02
Welcome along Allan, let the fun (and the addiction begin). I couldn't think of anything better than building an axe with my lad, you bloke's will have a blast. Do you both play?
I play bass ( or at least have attempted to to for the last 20 years or so) son is just learning to play guitar now but coming along quickly. Already has the lead guitarist attitude down lol.

kells80aus
03-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Hi Al,
welcome to this band of thieves(LOL), they'll have you sniffing Laquer thiners before you know where you are(another LOL).
Collectively they carry enormous Guitar building talent and are more than happy to share their skills and experiences with you. Many of us are still learning. and we listen with pricked up ears at any little tit bit that the group may pass on to us, with the view to maybe using a clever idea or two.

Cheers PK

bargeloobs
03-06-2014, 09:07 AM
I play bass ( or at least have attempted to to for the last 20 years or so) son is just learning to play guitar now but coming along quickly. Already has the lead guitarist attitude down lol.

Good stuff mate, a bit of practice and he'll be there in no time, you blokes'll have to get a band together!

kells80aus
03-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Oh well I'm Shot with this lot. I threw a big assed Hoffner bass down the tip many many many years back.
but in my defence it had badly delaminated the hollow body and the neck was also comming unstuck. Hmmm Might need words with my older brother about that...

PK