PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys.

leetbrown
31-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Hi Everyone.

I'm from the outskirts of Sydney and have finally decided to take the plunge.
I've decided to completely rebuild my old guitar. It had been sitting unused since I upgraded 10 years ago and the headstock had cracked since it had been fully strung the whole time.

I ordered my neck earlier this week and it arrived today, it is practically a perfect fit which is fantastic. Thanks Adam for the advice.

Time to start sanding back the body :)

WeirdBits
31-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Welcome Lee, good luck with the rebuild.

adam
31-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Hey Lee, welcome aboard. That was lucky with the neck fit, I think I warned you it might be a bit of a lottery. Good news!

Keep us posted with a My Build Diary thread if you like. I know it's not a Pit Bull Guitars kit, but it is one of our necks. We're keen to see all builds on this Forum.

Gavin1393
31-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Hi Lee,

We have a section titled "non-Pit Bull gear" where we forum members showcase our builds where it is not a PBG kit, so feel free to post there. We will all pitch in with advice and ideas if you ask.

Welcome on board.

Gav

lawry
31-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Hi and welcome, Lee. I'm definitely keen to see how your neck rebuild develops. Looking forward to watching your thread.
Cheers.

Brendan
31-05-2014, 11:49 AM
Welcome along Lee. With Gav - keen to see what you've got and where it's going!

leetbrown
31-05-2014, 12:10 PM
Thanks Everyone.
I'll start a thread in there in a day or two,
It wasn't a very fancy guitar, it is a Cimar ( Ibanez off brand) guitar with a superstrat type plywood body. However it was my first electric so had to resurrect it :)
After the new neck, bridge, tuners, pickups and finish, there wont be much left of the original.
I expect I'll need some advice on setting up the neck, but I will check the forums before I start asking

gavinturner
31-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Welcome Lee. Looking forward to reading about your experiences.
Where abouts are you from? Not many from Sydney area here so far. I'm from the Central Coast.

cheers,
Gav.

leetbrown
31-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Thanks Gav.
I'm from the South West of Sydney near Camden, I lived in the Central Coast for a year in year 8 ( mid-late 80s) and my Mum is living back up that way now too.
I do have a stupid question though. How do you set your profile pic here ?

bargeloobs
31-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Good luck with the build man, should be interesting. Try this...

http://www.pitbullguitars.com/community/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=77#postid-550

stan
31-05-2014, 11:17 PM
Welcome Lee. Doesn't matter what brand guitar you have, we all learn from each other's experiences here. Enjoy!

DanMade
01-06-2014, 12:23 AM
Hi mate, welcome along.

I can fully understand the sentimental value in resurrecting your first axe. Way to go.
Good news that the replacement neck fits too. Your off to a great start.

jarrod
01-06-2014, 01:31 AM
Hey Lee, my very first electric guitar was a Cimar strat copy back in 1983 and it actually wasn't a bad guitar at all, Your journey has begun and your addiction starts here . There's a whole bunch of information on the forum and some great guy's here for advice if you need them including a couple of Luthiers for the hard stuff.

wokkaboy
01-06-2014, 02:05 AM
welcome Lee, good luck with the rebuild, good to see you are resurrecting an old favourite electric axe, good luck and ask plenty of questions there's heaps of knowledge and advice on the forum. Start a build diary in the non pitbull gear section

keloooe
01-06-2014, 02:21 AM
Welcome Lee and good luck with the rebuild!

Fretworn
03-06-2014, 01:54 AM
Welcome Lee. I'm from Sydney as well, but from the Northern suburbs. I'm possibly closer to Gav than I am to you. There was someone from Strathfield here at one point, can't remember any other Sydneysiders.