PDA

View Full Version : Got Queen tickets

GlennGP
23-05-2014, 10:09 AM
I know, I know. There are so many reasons that guitar officionados reject Queen and I just don't understand them. Brian May, with an original scratch-built guitar, popularised multi-tracked guitar orchestration and was a brilliantly inventive guitar soloist in the productive years of Queen's studio and stadium performance years from the 70s to the 90s, and did a mean line in hard-rock riffs.

The main reason I got interested in building guitars at all was to accumulate the necessary experience to build a replica Red Special. I never, ever thought I would get the chance to hear Brian May play in person, let alone in a Queen concert, and yet I find myself today with tickets to see Queen (+Adam Lambert) in August. I am ECSTATIC!! Freddie was an integral part of the Queen recipe, no doubt, but I figure "these guys don't need a 'pay the rent' tour, and wouldn't throw their reputation away by using a vocalist they have no confidence in", so whatever. The songs are the songs, but I'll be there to hear the curly-headed man and his hand-made instrument. And I'll come out of that stadium very hoarse.

stan
23-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Not the same without Freddie, but will be worth it to see Brian May alone.
Enjoy mate, it will be great!

I am very lucky on the concert front, getting to see Larry Carlton soon and later in the year Joe Bonamassa

Gavin1393
23-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Adam Lambert does a sensational job....

Even Brian May has stated that Freddie would have endorsed Adam had he still been around!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ29wso9e4I