PDA

View Full Version : New Member from UK

Tool Box
21-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Hi all just joined this forum as I have ordered a LP-1SS kit for myself and daughter to build, neither of us play she does do a little piano, hope to find some good advice and help if required.
Regards
Brian :P

gavinturner
21-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Welcome Brian! I'm sure you and your daughter will have a great time building your LP. I did a build with my 9 year old son and it was a great experience. Start a build diary and the gurus here can answer any question you have. I'm sure you'll have a blast and finish up with a guitar you'll be stoked to learn on!

cheers,
Gav.

stan
21-05-2014, 09:45 PM
Hi Brian, welcome. A few family teams here, as well as lots of supportive and friendly advice: based on those who have suffered through several kits before you.

ultpanzi
21-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Hi Brian youll have a blast building it. It will be worth your time to read the "How to build your pitbull guitar" forum thread. Also, for many things, close enough is good enough so dont fret too much over a mm or two.

bargeloobs
22-05-2014, 01:00 AM
/<\\/p>[/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/]<\\/p>/Quote from Tool Box on May 21, 2014, 01:23
Hi all just joined this forum as I have ordered a LP-1SS kit for myself and daughter to build, neither of us play she does do a little piano, hope to find some good advice and help if required.
Regards
Brian :P

Looks like you've hit a triple whammy Brian, you get to build a sweet kit (I'm just in the process of putting together a LP-1SS myself), you get to share it with your daughter and to cap it off you've got a great incentive to sit down and learn how to play the thing.
Only problem is you'll have to build another one so you have one each.
I'm only on build number 2 and a bit of a noob myself, but most of the guys on here have put tons of these things together and really know their stuff and are super helpful to boot.
With the amount of collective knowledge in this forum if there's a question on here that can't be answered frankly it's not worth knowing.
Best of luck.

Fretworn
22-05-2014, 02:24 AM
Welcome Brian.

wokkaboy
22-05-2014, 02:26 AM
Welcome to the forum Brian, not sure if any forumites are from UK. Good kit to start on a set neck spalted LP. You might want to start considering what stain colours you are planning. Have a look in the gallery for ideas on a spalted top kit.
You will have a blast building it with your daughter.
Remember to start a build diary, start with a mock build when you receive it to make sure it all fits together and all the parts are there
Ask lots of questions as there's heaps of help as others have said and yes building kits is addictive !

keloooe
22-05-2014, 02:35 AM
Welcome Brian, have fun with the LP, I started with a G type too!
Start a build diary straight away and as noted before, do a mock build so you can see if everything fits and make changes if necessary before it's too late!

Brendan
22-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Welcome along Brian. Enjoy the build with your daughter!

Tool Box
22-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Thanks to everyone, I don't know when we will receive the kit but I will post photos of the build once we start.
Regards
Brian