PDA

View Full Version : Hard-tail veneer capped 7 string?

Nickosaurus
19-04-2014, 01:08 AM
Hey guys,

I've always wanted to built a 7 stringer however it seems like the stigma is always to include a flloyd rose + basswood body with no veneer/cap.

I'd really love to see a 7 string hardtail with a quilt/flame à la Ormsby/ViK etc...

Any ideas gents?

Fretworn
19-04-2014, 06:07 AM
If I ever did a 7-string it would be a hardtail, even if it had to be a custom kit. And with a Fender style bridge, not a stinking Gibson-style Tuneamatic bridge.

dingobass
19-04-2014, 11:54 PM
Hmmmm.... I am sure that with the appropriate bribe (a bottle of Jamesons) Adam could look into this for you ;)
I hear you re: the obsession with FR trem bridges, i will never understand why folk like them so much. Tricky to set up, touch the trem and they go out of tune, sneeze whilst playing and they go out of tune, break a string and you have to go through the whole set up process again......

As for hard tail bridges, one of the most high value for a smallish outlay would have to be the gear made by Full Contact Hardware.

ultpanzi
26-04-2014, 12:28 AM
Hardtail 7 stringer is just a lot more practical...but Im a massive fan of the floyds, simply because theyre a lot of fun (once set up). For recordings, a hardtail would be useful, but if Im playing live, Id want to have fun, so floyd it is.

ZacMetal99
14-12-2015, 10:56 AM
I use both non-trem and trem guitars live, and I couldn't say I prefer one over the other, because when using them, I play each guitar to bring out it's capabilities, not to try and make it do something it can't. That being said, my main guitar is a Les Paul...

adam
17-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Hey guys,

I've always wanted to built a 7 stringer however it seems like the stigma is always to include a flloyd rose + basswood body with no veneer/cap.

I'd really love to see a 7 string hardtail with a quilt/flame à la Ormsby/ViK etc...

Any ideas gents?

Hey Nick, sure, you can custom order this, price just depends what style you want, IB, EX, ST, etc. Looking at around $250, with 6-8 week delivery.

vh2580
17-12-2015, 04:46 PM
The factory has done the IB7s before in hardtail as picked this up from a custom order that was dropped

Nickosaurus
17-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Have since built my custom IB7 too Tony :D this was quite an old post Ads haha.

http://i.imgur.com/5lmmmMC.jpg?2

Alm_63
18-12-2015, 04:45 AM
Is there a seven string Bigsby? ;-)

Christine
28-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Hi, new here and hardly get register due to some issues. Although its an old thread but I am here as I am also looking for same 7 string with quilt. Adam mentioned its price 250$ in his post. Could I still get it in 250$ and if you can share a photo, it will be great!

pablopepper
28-06-2016, 06:16 PM
Hi Christine, you would have to check with Adam about the price, but the blue one in the pic two posts up is the guitar finished. There is a new page in the store about custom builds, have you looked at that yet?