PDA

View Full Version : LP saddle

stevierayvannabe
07-04-2014, 03:11 AM
Hi all,

So I strung up my guitar and got it intonated but now I have an issue with the saddle for the D string. It wobbles back and forth creating a really annoying buzz. All of the other saddles are solid. I'm not quite sure of the fix for it, other than shoving a piece of paper or something thin under one side of it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Brian

Rock on

dingobass
07-04-2014, 04:46 AM
Bugger! Sounds like a faulty bridge... Email me your address at dingobass@pitbullguitars.com and I will send you out a new bridge.
Oh, and can you measure centre to centre the post holes so I send you the correct one :)

bargeloobs
07-04-2014, 04:53 AM
/<\\/p>[]<\\/p>/Quote from stevierayvannabe on April 6, 2014, 12:11
Hi all,

So I strung up my guitar and got it intonated but now I have an issue with the saddle for the D string. It wobbles back and forth creating a really annoying buzz. All of the other saddles are solid. I'm not quite sure of the fix for it, other than shoving a piece of paper or something thin under one side of it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Brian

Rock on
I've actually got the exact same problem only they're all loose apart from the two E's, the buzz is pretty terrible.
I think the problem lies with the little wire retainer that runs across the top of the screws, it just doesn't seem to hold them firmly enough.

lawry
07-04-2014, 05:15 AM
If it's the screws buzzing in the threads then maybe you can set the intonation with a bit of Loctite thread lock on the screw. Then when it sets it won't buzz. Use the blue stuff so you can readjust if necessary.

Gavin1393
07-04-2014, 06:26 AM
Lawry is correct, if you dont have loctite you might even use a thin coating of super glue around the screw.

bargeloobs
07-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Roger that, cheers guys.

dingobass
07-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Geez.... I had no idea that this was a recurring problem...

I say try the Loctite or super glue and let me know how it goes.

stevierayvannabe
07-04-2014, 06:33 PM
I applied blue Loctite liberally to the D string saddle and let it set. Seems to have taken care of the problem. Thanks for the help.

lawry
08-04-2014, 08:27 AM
Excellent news Stevie RV. Time for a sound clip now is it? :-)

johnnychronic
08-04-2014, 11:31 AM
That's good news 'cause my RC-1 has the same problem.